Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

1. What the hell? Really? There is no multi repeat option? I need 12 repeats! I need this: *////////////* with a 12 above it. Come one, how lo

What the hell? Really? There is no multi repeat option? I need 12 repeats! I need this:

*////////////* with a 12 above it. Come one, how long is it going to take to implement this simple task (!)?

There are a lot of users asking for this--is no one at NoteFlight listening?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I print off of my IPhone 7?

I have been searching around the mobile website, and I can’t find out how to print.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Associate expressions/volumes with staff, not instrument

Possible bug: For the piano, the tool allows me to enter separate expression text for notes on the treble and bass clefs, but the last applied expression remains in effect for both staffs.

For example, if I want the bass clef to be played at 'ff' and the treble clef to be played at 'pp', I need to specify those expressions on each note in the staff, otherwise it will apply the last expression specified to both staffs.

I would expect the tool to not allow me to enter expressions for both piano staffs or actually have the expressions tied…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Joe Berkovitz responded

This is a tricky issue because much piano music is notated in the expectation that a dynamic will apply to both staves. It’s fair to consider this a bug, though, in that we haven’t really resolved the ambiguity in a clear way.

4. Add the thumb symbol for cello/bass fingerings.

As a cellist who likes to write advanced cello music for myself and others, it is quite hard to have the correct fingerings written in without the thumb symbol. It is important to have this symbol since thumb position fingerings can be EXTREMELY intricate, and I'm sure that advanced bassists have the same problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not apply repeat signs to all instruments

I added another instrument to my composition, but I was disappointed to see that the repeat sign was applied from the instrument above. The other instrument had a different melody on the second repeat so I had to write down the composition twice, instead of using a repeat sign. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create an app for mobile phone

This is an amazing app, but I can only access it when I’m online on the internet. I think it would be amazing if there was an app that would allow us to use this wonderful app on our phones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pickup measures switch back to "normal" in the measure tool after transpose

This happens when I have internal or ending pickup measures: I frequently have to transpose songs into multiple keys to see which one works best for me for playing/singing. If I have internal or ending pickup measures, once I transpose, they become "normal" measures according to the measure tool, and time signatures are added that should not be there. Changing the time signature to "hidden" does not actually hide it; it stays there regardless of that setting. What I end up having to do is change the measure to a full measure, drag my notes to the end, then change…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Noteflight learn accompaniment mp3 for concerts

If we are paying for noteflight learn shouldnt we be able to download and accompaniment part for our concert performances?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tremelos

Tremelo markings need to be adjustable on the stem. The single tremelo especially can get lost in the beams. I use these for diddle exercises and when printed can be hard to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. HI, my students are having copy paste issues. When the go to paste something, it pastes a piece of music they were working on a month ago

Fix copy paste, My students try copying a few measures, when they paste, it's pasting something they were working on a month ago

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not be limited with scores.

All I want is that there to be to limit, it's insane that you are saying "we don't want to limit creativity" when you are really. I'm the sort of person he gets very easy into buying something. If this is not able to be made tell me another notation program that I will guaranteed stick with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I wish they would take into concideration the other sterings besides just the e string when transitioning between notation and sheet music.

Whenever you change from sheet music to tablature the software puts all the notes on the first string instead of dispersing them throughout the strings. And when it's too low the notes just turn into unidentified note marks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. let me switch staffs using the keyboard?

I know I can use 'U' and 'L' to switch between voices within a staff, but I haven't found any keyboard shortcut to switch to another staff?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add strings number in a circle for classical guitar and other symbols

Hi,
    it would be really cool to add the symbols for classical guitar. Like the strings for guitar. 1-2-3-4-5 or 6 in a circle. It helps the reader to know in wich string play the note. Also, if you can add the arpegio symbol with and arrow up or/and down, it means that the guitarist have to play in the direction of the arrow. Also add the complete capo with a Capital C and half cap with a Capital C with a bar in the middle of the C to make clear it is a half capo. If you can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Connect Full Eight Notes

When I make a full eight note with two eight notes connected, when I make a new one, Noteflight separates them when I make a new one. For example, if you wanted to make 4 eight notes in a row, Noteflight would divide 2 groups of 2 eight notes and each group is connected with the line. I would really want Noteflight to connect at least 2 eight notes when you type them down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. eighth-rest vertical position

Eighth-rests (16th, 32nds, etc) are positioned too high. The bottom of the rest should come into contact with the staff line below it, and there should be a gap between the top of the rest and the staff line above it.

Also, these types of rests can currently be placed on every diatonic step. However, in music notation they are only allowed to occur on every other diatonic step (excluding when they occur off of the
    staff). It would be useful if invalid vertical placements are excluded when using the up/down arrow is used to position the rests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not allow rehearsal letterss to collide with a chord symbol that happens to be in that bar

Try this. In a bar with a chord symbol, add a rehearsal letter. The rehearsal letter "collides" with the chord symbol. Now try moving it. It's very hard to select the rehearsal letter to either drag or move it with the arrow keys. One of those little annoying things that gets in the way of your flow. In my view, the rehearsal letter should appear in its own space, probably above the chord symbol.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The score dashboard is very inaccurate

Could this be fixed? It is a very minor issue, but the numbers on my Score Dashboard do not match up with those of my homepage; I am sure I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, We are eager to make sure this is working! Could you explain a little further what you are seeing? Are you saying that in your Home screen, if you count up all the favorites and comments manually, those numbers do not match the numbers in the Dashboard? Or did I misunderstand? Please feel free to write to support@noteflight.com with examples. Thanks!

20. ...start targeting the non-composers & non-musicians, the listeners.

I write poetry, and when I was at poetry sites, I noticed that everyone there was a poet. It's like being a rock star on stage and your audience is nothing but rock stars.
    --all levels of music/composers, a feature for beginning composing (not everyone wants to learn from someone else),
    ...let's get society in here!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Categories