Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

I wish Noteflight would...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. allow bass notes in chords to be entered UNDER the chord, not just next to it (with a backslash)

Right now, to show a bass note in a chord chart, you can use the slash idea (C/G = C Chord over a G Bass) but it would be nice to have the G go underneath the C directly - maybe by using an underscore

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. show the instruments used in a composition next to the title when choosing a score from "My Scores".

I often create multiple compositions with the same title and don't always print all of my parts from a single score. It would be helpful when looking at compositions in "My Scores" to have other signifiers such as what instrument the composition is for so I can quickly see which composition is for which instrument.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow toggle options between notes/chords (other than clicking)

For example, if you could do a CTRL or ALT left/right to change horizontally, and the same up/down to go vertical in a chord.

It takes much more time having to click everything, and sometimes you can accidently click in a new change you didn't mean to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AUTO LABELS

Hi. So i put together video with explanation of how you could improve program.
    As far as i know, no notation software yet, has not function to automatically add labels besides notes. Please watch my video in english (3 minutes long) and you will understand. Me and a lot of people who write notes profesionally for their studens, they miss this feature.
    link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rdyhl8eMwQ3nQ6iVUCrIySpj_Q4bJUrO

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. have another a cappella arranging contest!

You had an a cappella arranging contest in 2015. I would love to see it come back annually. If you were to do it again, could you have the judges give feedback on the score? I would have loved to know what I could do to improve my arranging.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let you access your scores after the 30 day premium trial if you made more than ten.

I tried out the 30 day premium subscription and my subscription has timed out. I am still unsure whether I would like to purchase noteflight premium, but would at least like to be able to access my old scores. I currently have 17 scores, and the free version only permits 10. However, I cannot delete the scores that I have

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow sellers to have dedicated store fronts

Example: I am selling a growing collection of arrangements in a specific genre—Traditional English Country Dance tunes. I would like my prospects to visit my "store" of tunes. I will have perhaps 60 charts up soon with many more to come. The market to which I will be selling is the international community of people who do both English Country Dance and Contra Dance. Most of the bands that play for live events are made up of "weekend" musicians like myself. They can be reached on scores of chat areas and groups through social media.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow isolated playback of only one chord/beat in a measure

Perhaps by hovering over the chord/beat and hitting a key to trigger just that isolated section.

It helps to hear individual chord voicings without having to hit replay a bunch of times.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Direct link to scores in top toolbar

Go straight to my list of scores from a link on the main page, eg a large Home icon next to noteflight icon. At the moment we have to click noteflight - home which is really annoying! Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Selecting highest, lowest or similar notes

I really miss the option of being able to select the highest or lowest notes in a score to edit or delete them. Especially if I've imported an awkward midi file. Also to be able to select all following F#'s (for example) in the score would be handy too..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Half-beat pickup

I have a 2/4 time signature, and the pickup in the first measure is just two 1/16 notes, i.e. half a beat. I don't see any way to do that because the first box in the time signature dialog only accepts integer values.

How can I write my score?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PLEASE ALLOW US TO GROUP SYSTEMS INTO SET PAGES and to group measures into fixed systems

It's infuriating that you can't manually select which groups of systems you want in a specific page. You can't create page breaks. You can't even (truly) create custom system lengths because, in the end, the spacing is up to the automatic spacing.

When you try to mess around with the automatic spacing, you just end up messing up other things.

It's hard to format a chart easily, or precisely with this program. Sad!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. varying amounts of ritardando

It would be nice to have different types of ritarndando. I only want the tempo to get a little slower, but the effect I get by default is too slow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make cover art optional on scores.

Many users with small screens are forced to scroll down to see the Favorite button. If they are new to Noteflight, they may not even know it is there. Another option is to move the Favorite button up. I don't want to waste time promoting my scores if people who listen to them don't easily see they can favorite them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recognize H (H7, Hm7) as valid chords

In Scandinavia and Germany, B is marked as H, and Bb is marked as B.
    Noteflight's chord notation doesn't seem to recognize chords starting with H. This sould be simple to fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Dialog in Upper Right Corner of Printed Page

Text within a dialog box can be dragged to upper corner (above headings) but will not stay there, it drops to below the composer spot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. moving the cursor within a chord

this seems like a very basic function needed right from the start, but nothing works...there always is a combination of shift, command or sth else+ cursor that does that, but here I just can;t figure it out. any help appreciated

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Still allow to move a note up or down while playing.

Sometimes i play an arrangement to listen and while listening i find the need to just move a note and listen again, it takes a little while to stop playing mode move the note and play again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)