Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

I wish Noteflight would...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Offer tool-tip suggestions

A little pop up bubble that not only names a symbol, but describe it's function and how to use it.
    e.g. If a student like me didn't know how to use a coda symbol, this tool-tip would tell me how to use it properly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add Korean as a language please!!

add Korean as a language please!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Awful Program Completely

This is the worst music notation software I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I hope whoever made this feels bad. It's quick and dirty, and I only used it cause I was desperate. The interface is unique, but the most frustrating to use program conceivable.

Genuine criticism time, I asked it to transpose down a minor third, and it transposed an augmented second. I understand they are enharmonically equivalent, and the augmented second was in a more readable key, but they are not the same and shouldn't be treated the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bob,

We are really distressed to hear this and we want to understand better what you are finding so frustrating!

We want to make sure to capture the transposing issue you mentioned so we can file a software bug right away to get it fixed. We pride ourselves on Noteflight being a smooth and professional notation software, and because we release updates and improvements often, some bugs do creep in unfortunately.

Would you be willing to email us at support@noteflight.com with the link to your score where this problem occurred, and/or your user name and the title?

We want to make this right!

Thank you for contacting us and for sharing your concerns – we are a small dedicated team working every day to make Noteflight the best it can be. Honest feedback isn’t easy to hear, but it means a huge amount to us and is truly appreciated.

5. Genre

Add an Anime genre to the site

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your note! I have marked it “Started” because we are only getting started in all the wonderful things we plan to do with Noteflight as we move forward into the future! Glad to have you with us.

7. Have a feature where the software can automatically detect chords

This would mean you could click a button and for any chords you have in the music, Noteflight could detect what chord it is and write it down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. have better articulations for harmonics on guitar

using tabs, artificial harmonics can't be written without hiding the fret number (the diamond note head hides it).
    it would be great if you could write them more like this:

[text box saying "*higher notes performed as artificial harmonics"]

T--------------------------
    --------2(14)------------
    A--------------------------
    ---------------------------
    B---------------2--------
    ------------------------0--

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow me to have multiple instruments playing the same notes instead of having to enter the same notes separately for each instrument.

I want to be able to take a score, and have multiple instruments playing that same score without needing to enter the same notes twice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hand-drawn notation recognition from tablet into Noteflight

This is a huge development request: With the rise of student tablets and convertible laptop tablet devices, many students would benefit from recognition of hand-drawn notation as additions/edits to existing scores. (i.e. apple pen, thinkpad Yoga, HP Probook, MS Surface)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Printing

Although I have read a few things regarding the printing bug, all of the suggestions on those threads are useless to me.

I have tried printing in the classic way & also exporting or printing from PDF etc etc. Neither work. After I press print, nothing happens. And I have tried this on more than one computer and even a new account.

Please fix this or I will have to find some other software that will allow me to print - without that feature, noteflight is useless to me - I am a performer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow slash notes to be on other notes other than B (middle of staff)

I'd like to have a floating slash note above the staff, but when I change the note head to a slash, it anchors it to the center line in the staff (B, treble clef) and does not allow you to move it. This makes it hard to notate rhythms above the staff using slashes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make all measures the same width

Can you guys please create an option for making all measures in a piece the same width? I'd like to be able to look at my piece and see that the measures line up from staff to staff. Would be much easier to read! I've messed with all the settings and systems, but nothing seems to solve this. I know you offer the option to choose how MANY measures go on one line, but that's not exactly the same thing. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is there a way to put a whole chord (3+ stacked notes) in one set of parenthesis (versus 3+ sets of parentheses)? Thanks.

If your chord isn't stacked in thirds, the parentheses start to clash and it's very hard to read.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no direct way to do that right now, but here is one option: make a new Performance text item, and format it like this:

( )

Then open Score Settings and Musical Text, and make the Performance Text font size big. Then drag that item around your notes.

The downside is that then all other Performance text items will be big.

If you have no other chord symbols, you could do the same thing with that type of text, and thus not affect Performance text.

15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. give feedback that it was performing a lengthy operation

Given it's running entirely under the browser using Javascript, I'm not surprised that certain operations under Noteflight take a while (mind you I don't think I could imagine editing a 1000+ bar full symphonic score with it!).
    But currently when you do something that triggers a long-running operation there's no visual feedback at all, and no obvious way to cancel it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to indicate to the performer to swing eighths or sixteenths

I know how to make the eighths swing, but when printed, the score doesn't indicate that the eighths need to be swung, how do I do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. triplets guitar tab

For guitar tablature, 3 signifies the fret number, but I need to write out a triplet. What is the work around?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. più forte

if più forte was in noteflight it‚d be better...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Feedback and Knowledge Base