Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

I wish Noteflight would...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. enable automatic beaming for appoggiaturas

For multiple acciaccaturas, it automatically beams together - why not for appoggiaturas?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow me to set the Program Number, MSB, and LSB on MIDI export.

My current use case is that I compose music in Noteflight, export it as midi, edit the program number, msb, and lsb on my laptop, load it onto my Kawai CA-97, and record the resulting audio into Reaper. I am doing this so I can take advantage of Kawai's built in sound banks (the midi mappings for program number, msb, and lsb are published in their user manuals) for pieces that are beyond my current playing proficiency. While I acknowledge that this is an uncommon scenario, having an 'advanced export' for lower level control would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ottava Problems

When I add an 8va, I select the range of notes I want to place that notation. Well, the ending mark always stops before the last note in my selection. Then, when I move it to just after that note, it makes the note after that one an octave up, also. It's quite annoying. Please try to fix this glitch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Piece keeps subdividing notes on its own?

I'm on page 43, bar 84 of my composition, and the input is getting REALLY laggy and spazzy. I'll put in input as a quarter note and then the software spazzes out for 10 seconds, converting it to like a 128th note, 64th, a dotted half, and just keeps fluctuating.
    Is this a known issue? What's the problem?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. What happened to the "Your Public Scores" link on my home page?

The "Your Public Scores" link is missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. show me how to physically move the whole staff around the page

In finale, I can take the whole staff and physically move it different places on the page. I can't seem to be able to do that with Noteflight. I am trying to move a conductors staff down in the middle of a piece so I can add in a bold face title above a second movement. Any suggestions?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow me to hear/hold all notes at a given position in the score

I would like an option to hear what all the voices are playing when I am editing the pitch of a note, so that I can hear what the note sounds like in the context of the other voices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. symbols for classical guitar

Hi,

Im writing a piece for classical guitar and it should be interesting if you could add the rasgueado symbol. Is like the arpeggio symbol with an arrow going up or down depending the piece we play. Also you could add the symbol that mean you need to do a capostato with the left hand. Is a C when is a complete capostato and a C with a vertical bar in the middle of the C when is an half capostato. It could be really cool to have it please.

Thank you
    Mauricio

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow multiple tempos for sync'ed audio files

Noteflight already supports varying the tempo of a score when using the provided midi instruments. However, there's no straightforward way of providing multiple tempos when using an audio mp3 file that is sync'ed with the score. One way to do this would be to allow multiple audio files to be associated and sync'ed with a single score (e.g. Normal tempo, slow, slower). The viewer would then be allowed to select which audio to play. Another more powerful approach would be for the noteflight server to support slowing down an mp3 while maintaining the pitch. There are already various software products…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow ties to go past rests and be made longer

Ties should go able to go past many rests and measures to create very long notes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the modern pedal feature.

Their pedal feature uses the variation that looks similar to this: Ped *. Look at any contemporary piece, you will not find that. Instead you will fund the variation that looks like ____/\____. This is necessary for pieces that feature a pedal that briefly "lifts" and presses back down, which is quite a lot. In some pieces I just cannot use noteflight because of this. Please fix this, or else I will have to resort to using another website, and most of those are annoying, laggy, hard to use and just frustrating. And this is making even THIS sight frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On Noteflight Learn include a Teacher Answer Key for Theory Exercises

Also, in the instructions of many of the Noteflight Learn Library Catalog samples there are a lot of mistakes - grammar, missing words, words duplicated - that need to be edited and corrected. But I thank you for making these categories available for free...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have a way to search up other users even if they don't have scores

i have a few friends that use noteflight and it would be helpful if there was a way to follow them even if they have no scores

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. have unlimited sheets in free mode

this is not a rant.
    i loved noteflight, but i moved to musescore. the reason? the 10 sheets limitation in free mode. as a composer, i have an unlimited number of ideas, and id love to be able to mantain them online and get there when i hit inspiration. but 10 is an insanely low number of sheets. i love the software, i love the sound, and i love the fact that i can show my work in here as a music portfolio. but not. this is not a rant about the pricing, i consider it low. but not every…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Edit multiple note values vertically

1.) The floating note tool box needs to have an option to be anchored to a spot instead of the relative positioning it currently uses which forces the box into a corner by the time you are on the last measure.

2.) Shorten an entire selection of notes by one step when it is selected. A group of 4 highlighted 8th notes should change to 16th notes when pressing the left bracket. It should not insert rests in the middle, but at the end of the measure or at least at the end of the selection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. its english snap er nothing van

it moet nederlands

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. everytime I try to move a note the page reloads and messes everything up. very annoying pls fix i cant finish my arrangement

everytime I try to move a note the page reloads and messes everything up. very annoying pls fix i cant finish my arrangement

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple bowings above/below notes

Currently I can only add either one down bow or one up bow above or below a note. I would love the ability to add both a down bow AND an up bow above or below notes without having to add an extra voice. This is just for the sake of showing multiple bowing possibilities. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Feedback and Knowledge Base