I wish Noteflight would...

Organ

I arrange for the organ. I need to be able to create a grand staff with the bass clef for pedal below. I accidentally did it once and now can't figure out how I did it! It needs to be easier.

1,310 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Patty Salmond shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) responded  · 

We are happy to announce that the three-staff Organ layout is now available! It is available as a Template for new scores (Premium accounts) and as an instrument. Enjoy!

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Artemio,

You are right, and I should have mentioned that. Adding a new instrument sound is a much bigger project which we are also working on, along with a deeper look at the potential to add new playback sounds in the future as well. Pending that, we wanted to at least allow users to create an organ score that looks correct for live performers.

Please add your vote here as it includes organ along with other instruments users would like us to add: http://feedback.noteflight.com/forums/4962-tell-us-your-thoughts/suggestions/4866973-new-instruments

Thank you!
        Robin

• Artemio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This update is an appreciative, helpful addition but I was a bit let down to see that it still uses the same electric organ voice used. I think what users are really looking for is an actual concert pipe organ voice. Would a separate request have to be started for this? Thank you for the update.

• John Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed the organ has only the great keyboard, and only uses diapason prinzipal stops only.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely necessary for: The 371 Chorales of J.S. Bach; not to mention his "Little" Fugue in G minor and his Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor.

• bass78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recorded sounds and computer timing may not make it to CD, naturally,
        and organ builder Klop for example is also a business man (getting sounds),
        but in addition to the organ sounds, maybe choir sounds may also be investigated (by vote and comment), with the clarity characteristics of an oboe (but nicer), and beginnings of a panflute.

You could also use an universal wind type instrument, f.e. used as organ or panflute.

Off topic, for S/A, T/B mixing/study:
        For the required financial supported version, you could consider/investigate 'ctrl+e' for 'u' and/or 'l' :)

• Qwertyzxcv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These would be good for making game music!
        Not and electric organ or the electric piano, better ones :)
        (PS are you going to update old feedback like views and other things?)

Absolutely. A standard church organ is very much needed. Obviously a full-on pipe organ resource would be a lot to ask for because of the large range of sounds. But at least a single church organ sound should be available. A few stops would be really REALLY great.

• Andrew Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been experimenting with music for organ and when I try to put it into Noteflight, the Electric Organ doesnt sound right. I'm not saying it's bad, but I believe that having a church organ as an instrument would help a lot of people out that want to try writing for organ and sharing it with the Noteflight community

No, there's only an electric organ, which sounds much different than an actual organ.

• xman720 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be 3 - 5 stop combinations for the organ, but this is such a good idea and NEEDS to be added. I hate using the piano for an organ, and the electric organ sounds like crap.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish you can add an organ as an instrument of choice. It would make a sacred piece so much nicer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base