I wish Noteflight would...

Rare Instruments

We have all the common instruments, but it would be SOOOOO much better if we could compose for rare instruments. Here are some that I'd like added:

Woodwind:
- Contrabassoon
- Alto, Bass, Contrabass and Subcontrabass Flute
- Bass and Contrabass Saxophone
- Change 'English Horn' to 'Cor Anglais'

Brass:
- Piccolo and Bass Trombone
- Euphonium

Strings:
- Octobass
- Bass and Cello (we have these, but they need to extend their ranges below the C at 2 ledger lines below the bass staff)

Vocal:
- Male Altos and Sopranos
- Female Tenors and Basses
- Countertenor
- Contrabass
- Oktavist
- Sopranino
- Mezzosoprano
- Contralto
- Baritone
- Better l.v function (a.k.a voices actually vibrate)
- Falsetto function
- Whistle voices

Keyboards:
- Synthesizer
- Custom keyboards (e.g. you pick the notes from a library of sounds provided for 2 octaves, allowing for customised pianos etc.)

And yeah.... ADD ALL THE INSTRUMENTS

176 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ashjayeen-13 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Colin Carmody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think for the most part it has all the instruments needed. Sure, it won't sound exactly perfect, but for a contrabassoon, just use a bassoon and change the instrument octave. Noteflight shouldn't completely replace using the actual instruments, just how to notate them. I think the creators of noteflight should use their time for better suggestions first.

• Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want a Euphonium and a decent double bass that isn't just plucked strings.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Didgeridoo might be tough, though, so leave it out if you have to. d:

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noteflight already has lots of great instruments, but a few more should be added such as the pan flute, and ukulele.

• Sai Prateek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to see indian classical instruments like the Sitar , Sarangi , Sarod and percussions like Tabla , Pakhavaj

• Katinka2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add the lute as an instrument would be nice and makes baroque music possible.

• Laurel Schwartz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding dulcimer, which is a classroom instrument, can widen the school audience for noteflight. Should be a very easy adjustment since you already have guitar and guitar tab. (I hope!)

• Ayumi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe adding a tool to use people's soundfonts and instrument banks? It's easier than each person making their own sounds. Besides, there are many sf for free or less than 10 dollars.

Since it's cloud based, it would be kinda complicated to download 10GB worth of sounds all the time... 'n.n

Hence, no East West Quantum Leap quality. XD

• Zachary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to have the recorder because I am learning to play it and so I can make songs with it, and I have explored on both hammer dulcimers and mountain dulcimers and I really like the sound of both, and bells just sound so pretty to me so I'd really like to use them! Thank you for making this awesome program, though!

• Bryce Stout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Examples:

- The Bagpipe
        - The Tin Whistle/Irish Flute
        - The Harbinger Fiddle
        - The Shaminsen
        - The Koto/Bass Koto
        - The Shakuhachi (Japanese Flute)
        - Middle Eastern Instruments
        - African Drums
        - And more!!!

← Previous 1 3 4