I wish Noteflight would...

Trills: Improve / Fix / Customize

You should be able to control whether the top note of the trill exceeds the bottom note by half or whole step

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't really understand why the program automatically makes trills a whole step, even against the key signature. I would think trills should default to the key signature and if we want it to be a whole step, we add the accidental.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have a flat trill, it resets every time I go back and forth between concert pitch and written pitch and goes back to a normal trill. Something in the transposition module doesn't work right for trills.

• Andrew Chung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When playing back trills, the software often gets tripped up if the principal note is preceded by a grace note.

• princess_cloe99@yahoo.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-Notes don't have their full value
    -trills don't 'go where they are supposed to'
    -grace notes (what else is there to say?)
    -more instruments for free

• Cheesewuva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For long notes, if you don't slur the trilled note to the next, it cuts of before it's supposed to end. If you do slur the trilled note, the trill runs on into the next note. Is there any way to fix this?

• ShadowPhase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this Idea. it so8unds wierd to have whole tone trill when it should be a semitone trill.
    doesn't adjusting the speed make the trill faster? i don't think it is even possible to play a trill much fatser than that anyways.

• Caleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have trills to natural, flats and sharps, like Fsharp trill to G natural instead of G sharp or D trill to an Eflat, not Enatural. I would be great

• nejihyuga665 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to have trills from notes that are more than 1 interval apart. for ex: G to C trill

Feedback and Knowledge Base