I wish Noteflight would...

Be more electronic synth friendly.

Hello! I have seen numerous requests for electronic synths as a possible instrument addition to Noteflight. At the moment, if we want to make and pan a custom sound, we have to pitch bend and slide with the \ and ~ key commands, which after a while becomes messy, annoying, and really laggy to the point where the song stops playing 5 measures before the actual end (but that isn't the main idea of this request).

An example of the messy sound mutation I have to do is in this score I created: https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/389362371d35da96dc78c39530c7ee85549b4680 the bassline for this is an electronic synth that I created to try to recreate the bass in a genre called Liquid Drum and Bass. An example of this genre is here: https://soundcloud.com/andreasortmusic/no-air-preview

Another highly requested feature that I’ve upvoted were “electronic drums and drum kits”. I am wishing for a specific one called an 808 Drum Kit. This drum kit used extensively in Hip Hop and Trap music. The kick is actually distorted to where it makes a pitch. My best recreation of this in Noteflight is with a Basic Acoustic Bass (the Upright Crescendo Bass just doesn’t have the range clarity), as shown here: https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/edb3a249f6e04d221970e03ebe5f66305f0e1ff7 with the real bass sounding something like this: https://soundcloud.com/monstercat/aero-chord-surface
While this is a start to the list of synths I have in mind, I know this will take some time for the team to consider and build this request. Hopefully, you guys look at this because I know other suggestions haven’t been as successful.
Thanks,
The Dubbler

2,360 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    The Dubbler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Harman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I usually write a lot of electronic music, and I think it would be a great idea to have sort of a synthesiser - or electronic 'pad' - of some sort. Even if only available on crescendo I think it'd be a great instrument to have.

• Eli Webber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, Foster The People is my favorite band and they have a synth soundboard, maybe incorporate that into it as well?

• Zachary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I think that would be great, too! I would really enjoy echo effects especially!

• Supreme Philharmonic Dubstep Division commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to start writing music on Noteflight, and actually have the sheet music for my Dubstep music. Instead of having to notate it on another console that doesn't catch everything, I'd love to be able to have it available in sheet music format (for at least the notes.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some sounds can't be created using regular instruments. Electronically manipulated sounds have a whole different quality than live music.

• vroom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would particularly like to see some basis synth sounds. At present, the only keys sound is the organ, which is fine but very limited.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think it would be a great idea to branch out into more experimental areas in the electronic genre:

EFFECTS: echo effects, tremolo effects, reverb effects

DRUMS: drums geared more towards electronic Drum n' Bass music

SYNTHESIZERS: synthesizers like Fireflies by Owl City, not the 70's style ones...

ANY VOTES FOR ELECTRONIC MUSIC??

i think it would be a great idea to branch out into more experimental areas in the electronic genre:

EFFECTS: echo effects, tremolo effects, reverb effects

DRUMS: drums geared more towards electronic Drum n' Bass music

SYNTHESIZERS: synthesizers like Fireflies by Owl City, not the 70's style ones...

thank you for reading and i hope 1.5 or beyond will include something like this electronic music

Large sound font are available, get them. The mixer to balance output and the synthesizer to create more complex layered sound which could them be added to noteflight sound catalog. How about a publishing board to post jingles for sales which would increased noteflight exposure and provide revenues for both users and for the site operation.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base