I wish Noteflight would...

include ornaments and grace notes

come on, these are like the iceing on the cake, just one or two will add a lot to a peace

457 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adawg996 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • musicgirlygirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add mordents :-) using this site for more gcse music coursework but so far have had to change and 'simplify' some of my peices as they have mordents in :L

• Alexandra Pineda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! the peice i am currently doing right now has a few grace notes and i had to stop putting up the music cuz it was so important!

• Rigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this.
        :)
        I use lots of grace notes when composing. Are we going to be able to differentiate between appoggiaturas and acciaccaturas?

• econio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does glissando fall in this category? If so, add the votes going for that to this one.

• ethan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

features like these are essential in order for musicians and composers to give NoteFlight serious consideration

• johnfrench commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The approximation method can be cleaned up by using the start and close brace options, but still. This really needs to be added.

• Marco Medina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seriously, I don't want to notate every trill and mordent. And it screws up the rhythm if I try what ibcaptainchu said, especially on the first beat of a measure. Not to mention it seriously clutters up the score for no reason. Thanks!

• lbcaptinchu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possible implementation of grace notes: the previous note can be slightly shortened and in that length shortened the grace notes can be placed. (128th notes?)

I haven't much experience with trills.

Feedback and Knowledge Base