I wish Noteflight would...

makee crescendo free!!!!!

Barly any people can buy crescendo because its 50 stinkin dollars a year!! please make it free...

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe not free, but there should be some ways to make it cheaper. Maybe you can pay a small amount to unlock certain features, like different instruments. And maybe a free trial of crescendo. I know free isn't the best idea, that is their only way to get money, but maybe it could be free, and people who really like it can choose to donate.

@LOL ... A communist would make it free. A capitalist, on the other hand (or a realist, for that matter), would not.

• fa18hornet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, there are two ways for noteflight to make money. They need money to keep it running so here are two ways.
        1. Have everything free, with ads
        They can have everything free, with ads. They can have banners everywhere, popups, which are annoying but they get their money. This is one way, but some ads may result in malicious downloads which is not wanted.
        2. Have a free version and a paid version
        This is how noteflight is currently. They have some features free, and some features premium. I have not seen a single ad on noteflight which is nice. I like it this way, and I want it to stay.

• fa18hornet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Kenton J. Baker That's a great Idea! We should put it on feedback.noteflight.com! I'll vote for you!

• Kenton J. Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some people -_-

How do you think they make money? This site is practically ad-free.... Crescendo is their income.... I wish you could flag an idea as dumb.

• Cornelius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that asking for it to be free is ridiculous. The top of the line programs like Finale and Sibelius are going to cost you an arm and a leg. I'm preparing to buy Sibelius soon because I want software without worrying about the internet connection and it's going to cost me over half of what I paid for my MacBook Pro. So considering what you can do with Crescendo, $49 bucks which ends up being $4.08 a month. Cheaper than what they offer if you just want to get it for one month ($8) I think you should just suck it up and pay. I will admit that when I let my paid subscription lapse I found out that the free version wasn't what it was before. Considering the things you can do with Crescendo (though there are many limitations) $50 bucks is a great deal. You probably spend that on 2 days worth of meals going out. This gives you an entire year. Just suck it up and pay.

• Antoine Bélisle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah! Randall's right.

I mean it's affordable and they need this money to keep noteflight alive. Beyond profits are costs, and it is with ur $50 a year that they pay their bills. It's still a good pricing for such a good service.

I am still with the free version [I plan to buy Cresc.] and I've made scores I am very proud of. As Randall said: even the free version is phenomenal.

• Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

$50 a year is a crazy good price. If you really can't afford $4 a month, you should be investing your time in finding a job. Otherwise, be happy with the free version, which is phenomenal.

I think that it's hard for anyone without crescendo can't really use the software to actually play the scores that others invest time in to create. Therefore, i think features such as transpose and print individual parts needs to be made into free features, while more quality of light features such as the 50+ instruments and such need to stay premium.

• Gracielynskee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have to make money somehow! $50 a year is not that bad for a program as good as this. Other music notation software runs for hundreds of dollars, with frequent updates that you have to buy. Noteflight is not unreasonable by any means, I personally would have paid more of Crescendo. It's well worth the cost!

• imaginEyes! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THAT is a great idea - make Crescendo free! C'mon, guys! Hey, and while you're at it, how about making movies free, and concerts free? Oh, and gasoline, that should be free - and cars (I'll have a Lamborghini or a Ferrari - no, no, give me a Bugatti Veyron and a Rolls!) - food, food should be free, you need it to live, right? Housing (let's get rid of all those stupid mortgage payments) - I want a place on about 1000 acres - that ought to be enough (don't want to be greedy)....

Oh, but that's right - we live in the REAL world, where you have to BUY things that you want and bandwidth on the internet and servers and places to house them cost money and the people who maintain them and who write the software - like Noteflight and Crescendo - have families and need food and homes for them, they need cars and gasoline and....

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I don't know what I was thinking!

Yes, I agree. I hate whenever I'm writing music, and it doesn't sound good because of the basic stuff. The only basic instrument that is good is the piano.

• Enchalada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

theres a reason they have crescendo $50 a year! u might thinks it a piece of crap, bu ACTUALLY BUY IT!!! there is a 1 month money back gurantee if u hate it. But they make u pay that much a year because ur getting more than what ur paying for. i had Basic noteflight, and i wrote a song with many parts in TWO FREAKING DAYS!!! If you think this is expensive, then go look at those other shitty composer software (sibelius and finale). ive tried the demos, and its up the butthole.

$50 is a fair price for crescendo, $300 PER VERSION of sibelius is not. u want crescendo, fork out the 50 dollars

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base