I wish Noteflight would...

Improve drum notation

Noteflight needs to add a rimshot option for drum set and marching percussion and a rim knock and/or rim click for drum set. Also add support for double stroke rolls and buzz rolls, flams, diddles, drags and cheeses for marching perussion. There should be an option to mix and match percussion staves to a single stave ex. add cowbell to basic percussion. In addition, all drum set parts should be separate voices or at least have that option. It would also be great to have a variety of cymbal and drum sounds and types and to be able to balance individual voices.

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has literally been 8 years since you guys at noteflight started getting requests to add a rim click to the drum set, and an open hi-hat midi that stops when a closed hat is played. Are you gonna do it?

The cymbals on the standard kit are great, but the drums are vintage/jazz drums. They give a weak, dry cardboard sound. It doesn't work at all with the music I am making. The basic drums on the other hand are fat and punchy like a rock kit, but you only get a single crash, a ride, and highhats. Please correct this issue.

I love the new cymbals on the new drum set. However the new drums have that dry cardboard vintage/jazz sound. It does not sound good at all with the sort of music I am making. The basic drums on the other hand sound fat and punchy like a rock kit, but you only get one cymbal. I would really appreciate this being corrected.

• Jagger Booth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note Flight can you please add a hi hat to the instruments so that people who want to make a rap or hip hop beat they can have a rhythm behind the music with other instruments

I love all of this and i hope note flight it working to achieve every one of those features for their software

Just adding new sounds to things, like a rim click sound for the snare on the drumset, notated by the cross notehead. That would be pretty sweet.

• Mak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im a latin drummer and I would really love it
        if you would put cross sticks as x on snare and cow bell as a triangle on hi-hat

• lawtonfamily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that would be SUPER cool to have, especially once more traps and toys are added as options. It would be great if we could create a "Percussion 1" part (say, with snare, concert bass drum, and crash cymbals) and "Percussion 2" part (say, with gong, tambourine, triangle and bells), and so on. Performance Text could be used to indicate when to switch instruments, and non-pitched percussion instruments could be assigned specific "notes" that would play them.

For instance, say I'd like to make a Percussion 2 part with gong, tambourine, triangle and bells. On the neutral clef, I could set gong as the bottom space, tambourine as the middle line, and triangle as the top space; then I could switch to bells with special Performance Text and changing to a Treble Clef.

Or something like a part I'm performing now, "Mallet Percussion" with bells, xylophone, and vibraphone, where all the instruments are pitched percussion in the treble clef, switching is done only with Performance Text.

I imagine this could be a special "instrument" for Crescendo users, with the sounds and their line/bar associations selected when creating the staff from the "Add Part" or "Change Instrument" windows.

• ELB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to have three-note drags in addition to regular ones.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly. I can't believe no one else has wondered about where to find the cross-stick sound. Kind of a basic drum sound, don't you think?

• David M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it there and I’ve just missed it?

ALSO: the open hi-hat sound really ought to cancel when the closed hi-hat sound triggers.

• Zenog-NoteflightFeedback commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES!! I am working on a piece and I have no way to do just "Mallet Percussion" without something like seven different parts (two of the instruments for it aren't even on Noteflight), and certainly no way to do a condensed "Percussion" part when I need eleven different instruments, some of which I am certain Noteflight does not have, such as Egg Shaker, Triangle, Mark Tree, Tambourine, and Claves (Not certain on those last two, but I'm pretty sure)

3 votes!

I think this is also usefull for drumset. As a lot of drummers notate things different.

• DrFro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Percussion writing (specifically orchestral and band percussion) often requires a great deal of flexibility - more than a drum set, or specific instrument. It would be great if a customizable percussion instrument was made that would allow for independent sounds, notations, and staff lines.

have an option in noteflight to use standard drum notation (with the high hat on to of the top line ect...).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base