I wish Noteflight would...

Offline downloadable version

I wish there was a version which was totally offline, which is downloaded and we can launch it by double-clicking it. Whis would allow users to compose while offline and save their scores to their hard drive. When they connect to the internet, their scores would automatically be updated.

In this way users could even carry Noteflight-Offline on their USB sticks! Oh, and please make it Free and Crescendo again, not only 1 or the other.

3,318 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wolf shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • smilingharp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I LOVE this program. I can hardly ever be on line, though. I would pay a pretty penny to be able to download software. Any idea when this might be in the future?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I totally agree with this, I would love to have noteflight on my PC to have on the go!

• Ashley Kwasigroh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that Noteflight can be used on the web browser for iPhones with iOs6+, but why not make an actual app that we can all download so the process is easier. Trying to do the editing on the web browser is not very easy for me. I LOVE Noteflight so much and would love for access to it on mobile devices to be a lot easier to access and use! Thanks!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to use a personal hotspot at my house. Trying to load a piece of music just eats up all of our data. Noteflight should also be used offline!!!

• Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and make it good too not where it skips and stuff like the online version1

• AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you use NF 3.0, your score is automatically backed up to your hard drive as you work, and is then saved to the cloud when you reconnect with the internet. So you could work that way, though it is not risk free: there are some features that may not work, and there is a small chance that if your computer had to restart your edits could be lost (though this is not a big risk). Sorry not to give a more conclusive answer - the dev team could answer more conclusively but I wanted to get back to you quickly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use noteflight to help my wife to learn her choir parts. It would be really useful to be able to access scores offline. She could sing along to the scores while I, m driving on the motorway. And this will stop her from critcizing my driving.

• Alex Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the only person I know who went through and set up the Gravatar. It's me! 13LCKR! =]
        And this is probably, the fastest mods have *ever* responded to a post, considering the date posted, the number of votes, and the date responded. 1 day, 1 vote, 3 days ago.

• Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there were an offline version of the software. Were you can sync up your songs online to the ones offline. That way you can take Noteflight/Crescendo with you anywhere.

Feedback and Knowledge Base