I wish Noteflight would...

Offline downloadable version

I wish there was a version which was totally offline, which is downloaded and we can launch it by double-clicking it. Whis would allow users to compose while offline and save their scores to their hard drive. When they connect to the internet, their scores would automatically be updated.

In this way users could even carry Noteflight-Offline on their USB sticks! Oh, and please make it Free and Crescendo again, not only 1 or the other.

3,385 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wolf shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if i could vote for this 3 times i would. part of my job is vocal arranging, and noteflight's bugginess really impedes the pace at which i can work. i love you tho, noteflight.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Also, please allow single notes or chords to increase or decrease in volume over a measure.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please change the program system in note flight
        I can not make many kinds of music without many rests
        but they doesnnot get on
        fix it please

• At commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much love to be able to download Noteflight onto my desktop! Editing and composing large scores solely online is a lot for a browser to handle.

• Bryan Alvarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for a desktop version of Noteflight. I use one of the premium versions for my classroom, personal use, etc. I'm currently arranging a section from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet for my wedding--my score is only 9 instruments and 50 bars long and it's getting REALLY laggy. I'm only half way through the transcription and wishing I'd started it in Sibelius instead. It's taking 5 seconds sometimes just to delete a note. Otherwise, Noteflight is my go-to for composition, transcription, and arranging. It's also my preference for classroom teaching.

• Kaleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always make large scores with a whole orchestra and It's nearly impossible when chrome crashes all the time and firefox works slowly. It would be so much easier to do it offline then upload it.

• Matilda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to have a downloadable version of Noteflight to use when I travel for work and do not have good wifi. It is of no value to me to have my scores in the cloud when I am in China or Vietnam with no wifi available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a desktop version. When I travel the internet is sketchy, at best, and knowing I could work on my music instead of vapidly staring off into space thinking deep thoughts would probably be a great time saver. I'm not doing large compositions but filling in with the lack of an accompanist. This would allow me to swap out more songs instead of being shackled to the internet.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that a good reason to make an offline version would be for performance. At the moment, Noteflight relies heavily on internet connection, and even with top speed internet connection, it is still incredibly laggy. It works brilliantly with ensembles of up to 10-12 instruments, but as soon as you start arranging for a 16 piece Big Band, Concert Band or Symphonic Orchestra it is almost impossible to get any more than a few changes/inputs into the score before it lags out and often crashes.

This needs to be fixed if Noteflight is to remain my notation software of choice.

• Zookx22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE make this a thing. I love using Noteflight but I will be forced to move to an offline software for the SOLE reason that Noteflight simply can not handle arranging for more than like, 6 instruments without becoming super laggy and buggy and impossible to deal with. I love this program and want to keep using it but when composing a 17+ instrument Big Band it becomes unbearable. I want this more than anything. Hurry up! You're losing customers

• Len commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I licensed NoteFlight to use at my leisure on a cruise and on flights. I fly from Miami to Japan frequently. Unfortunately most oversea flights don't have internet access and i can't use NoteFlight. It didn't work on my cruise either. Any chance of getting a software download where i don't need to log onto the web site?
        Len

• Donnie Dugan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love that! I am working on a composition now and I need to take my composition on the road but I cant because there is no offline version! I need it now!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base