I wish Noteflight would...

Improve 1st / 2nd / etc endings creation/functionality

Allow text in repeat endings. Text like 'until cue', 'on cue', 'last time', etc, for use in solo sections and other vamps. Noteflight could treat them as only a single repeat in playback.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Simon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carlos R Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is it possible to extend the line on the 1st ending to cover more measures rather than just a partial measure! Thanks!

• James Munroe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with Deborah and with Scott Erickson. I'm seeing this suggestion has been "Under Review" for about a year. Given how clearly obvious the need for better multiple-bar first- and second-time endings is, why haven't the Noteflight developers made it possible to stretch the ending bracket to include multiple bars, or have it automatically stretch over multiple bars when they're selected as the ending marking is applied?

• Scott Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Deborah - endings often last multiple measures. While playback handles it fine, it's puzzling that I can, for example, select multiple measures as the 1st ending, yet only half of the first measure of the selection is covered by the bracket. The bracket should extend to the backwards repeat at the 'end of the ending.'

• Deborah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 1st/2nd ending line lasts only a partial measure. It would be helpful if it could be stretchable to extend over a full measure or multiple measures since endings often last longer than a measure.

• Claudia Holmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While Noteflight has the capability of entering first and second endings on the top staff, it keeps overwriting that first staff entry when I try to add those first and second endings to the lower staves.

Feedback and Knowledge Base