I wish Noteflight would...

Collaborative Realtime Editing inside Noteflight

Here is my idea:
A setting for Noteflight compositions that once enabled allows multiple users to work together: changes appearing and auto-saving in real-time. An example of what I am going for with this idea can be seen with the Open-Source Etherpad editor: http://etherpad.org/ and the Google Docs Editor docs.google.com. In addition to the above features, the user who created the composition would also be allowed to undo any changes that other users make, as well as create multiple save points for the composition. Thanks for your consideration and I would love to see this feature in Noteflight!

449 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nadav H. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat as others. Students love noteflight, but are frustrated with the lack of real-time collaboration. We have to use flat.io for collaborative assignments.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if you guys automatically saved our works! I find it painful to go to my works and realize that I didn't save it!

• JA Fosselman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on how soon the work you are doing will become a reality?? I may need to go with a different program if it is not ready by my renewal in October, 2018.

really hope this happens. my students are thoroughly enjoying noteflight, but are a little frustrated not to be able to compose together. great for blended learning

• jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could be nice, for each one shared score with a friend / student, I created, to be able to start play simultaneously over distance, on different pc.

• Mike Bossman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if the score would autosave like Google does. When students are working they often times forget to save.

Thanks!

• Shaun Lindner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since FLAT.io already does this, I would love it if Noteflight incorporated this. If not, I will need to take my school subscription account over to Flat.io

I see that Admin posted back in 2010 that they are making auto save less frequent. Oh really?? Because here it is 2016 and I am ready to leave yahoo mail because auto save is driving me crazy ~ every few seconds saving my work, causing me enormous problems including stress!

When something is shared with an individual, there should be an option to work on a song with live updates with the other person. Say you put a note in the song, right when you do that, the other person working on the song will see that change as it happens.

On the contrary, my Flash player seems to crash quite frequently and it gets annoying because I'll lose all my work when it does so. I think the autosaving should be adjustable (e.g. be able set it to every minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc)

• comusic0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is available now in crescendo but the score cannot be edited simultaneously.

• drzomboss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I worked on a colab with a friend, and it was very hard to communicate to each other on when to work on it. We had to constantly save and message each other when it was okay to work on it. We almost lost a whole part because we didn't communicate when it was okay to edit or not.

I would like noteflight to add a feature that allows two people to work on the same score, similarly to Google Drive. You can also see who is currently on the score and what notes they have added or deleted.

• bookwormextreme39 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad that this problem is being solved. It doesn't bother me much when I am composing, but when I play it to see how it sounds, it auto saves at random moments and makes the current measure sound very strange. It would help if there was a way to prevent auto save from saving while the piece is playing, that would be amazing!

im getting new email account bc of this ANNOYING problem! in theory it's fine but it shouldn't take me 3 hours to write a 3 minute letter! I simply do not have all day!
        :( keep waiting for it to be changed.... never has!

• Thomas Markel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Autosave on by default is the wrong approach and annoying. leave it up to the user not Yahoo! Your email is getting worse by the day and sucks! Thanks for ruining. Get some people in there that know about software.

Great idea, this would be awesome for my band Expulsion, as one of our members lives 249.1 mi away and we have very few ways to easily communicate.... Unless we visit, OC

It would be cool if two people would be able to work on the piece simultaneously because when there are two arrangers, it provides a nuisance for only one person to be adding in all the notes.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base