I wish Noteflight would...

Let users filter what information is shown in their news by people they're following

I love the following feature, it makes Noteflight much more open. But sometimes it's a little annoying. All I want is some setting page where you could check off boxes for what kind of information you want shown about the people you are following and what they're doing. For example, I don't want it shown in my news every single time another user posts in a forum. So in the setting page I wouldn't check off the box that says "Receive notifications when a user I am following posts in a forum". Something like this would make the following feature even better in my opinion!

713 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hunter Logan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ava Cash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a top 20 score, and I'm getting sick of the constant notifications on this thing that I did as a joke 5+ years ago. I wish there was a way to block notifications from that score without having to delete it, just like a "pause notifications for this score" option or feature, I don't know.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will delete my previous comment if I am emailed for no reason, or get spamming messages.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback. I posted this a while ago too. Not sure when, but a while ago. If you would like more information on specifics, contact me on my gmail. ONLY use it to contact me about this idea.

cpakpiu@gmail.com

• imaginEyes! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since this suggestion addresses filtering options in the news items list, I'll field this idea in conjunction with it: how about eliminating from the list the comments that I make on my own scores? I don't need to see them there, and I consider the fact that they trigger the "Your News" notification always annoying and generally disappointing.

• idissu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well you could just go to the side and click "Only for me and my scores." But that won't do exactly what you want. It will do it somewhat.

• girlwithpearl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, or if there could be settings for "comments on scores only" or only get notifications from specific people you're following, that would be really nice, too. A lot of times, I'll want to go check out which scores some people I follow have commented on but I can't find anything because some people I follow post A TON on the CCC which is distracting in my news feed-- maybe a "non-CCC" filter would be nice too :-)

I hope that sort of made sense!!!

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or an option under the drop down arrow in "Your News" for "Only Forum Posts" or "Everything But Forum Posts" or something like that might work.

• Bryce Stout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that there should be the option to unsubscribe from posts in certain forums, especially the CCC.

• Kenton J. Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So with the CCC being activated it has become really hard to find things in my News feed because it is always filled with comments from the CCC. Especially to see when someone has released a new piece. It was manageable before the CCC was opened, but now it's insane to even attempt.

So maybe an option that would allow users to turn off notifications from other users forum comments or song comments and likes. Or a mixture of these
        ( since there are some users who I will check out a song they favorite.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base