I wish Noteflight would...

export audio on the iPad

I'd like to export my compositions on the iPad as midi or audio, so I could use them in other apps, like GarageBand. Maybe the songs could be exported to apps like Google Drive or Dropbox.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin Coyne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOu can export pdf’s on iPad by printing the score and individual parts. It will open them as pdf’s in another tab and you can save from there. HOWEVER, I do want to see the export feature made available for midi and xml files. This would be super helpful when I’m writing cadences to send to my band director for my drumline. Easy to save pdf’s, just a slight work around. I understand the ease of access on a website, but I want to see Noteflight take it’s full potential as a full fledged app.

One last note, support for Apple Pencil please!

• AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fredrik thank you for your comment! As I understand it, because we are not an iOS app, but rather a website on the mobile browser, things work differently than for a "real" app. Until recently, the OS would not allow us to export files. However I have heard recently that the new iOS may allow this, and we are looking into it. We agree - it is a serious limitation!

• Fredrik Brändström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come this was declined? Every other app that has a need for export in some way can do this. I was very surpriserd and annoyed that I HAVE to have a computer to export a simple pdf or export whatever. And this reply does not shed any light on why this can't be implemented. It makes noteflight quite inconvenient to use on an iPad.

a few examples of apps that can do this: Touchnotation, notateme, musescore (which also does pdf-scan to midi!)..and so on

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE noteflight. But I want to get rid of the need for a computer to be able to export to google drive, where I store my scores.

Feedback and Knowledge Base