I wish Noteflight would...

New instruments

I know this is a long list but it pains me to not have these instruments, especially the marching percussion because you cant really arrange for marching band with out them

Bass Trombone
Baritone Horn/Euphonium
Tam-tam
Triangle
Tambourine
Wood Blocks/Temple Blocks
Tom-toms
Bongos
Congas
Claves
Chimes
Flugelhorns

MARCHING BAND PERCUSSION

Bass Line
Snare Line

Field Drum*
Impact Drum*
Roto Toms*
Tenor/Quad Drums

Cymbal Line* (5 players)

481 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dezhawn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accordion would be great and to be able to put the letter chords above the bass cleft for piano. That could be used for accordion to put m, 7, d

• Shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I--as well many others, I'm sure--would really like Noteflight to look into adding some new instruments, particularly HAND CLAPPING and the DJEMBE (traditional African drum). I typically use Noteflight as a source of--not only looking at the sheet music--but also having the capabilities of hearing it, too. This way, I can BOTH look and listen to a particular piece I'm learning, which is extremely helpful! However, there's a particular song I'm learning in choir called "Nda wana," and it's a traditional African song with all vocal parts, yet also includes hand clapping and the djembe. It's rather difficult for me to include those 2 instruments when there isn't an option in Noteflight for them. I've tried countless other instruments that Noteflight does offer that sound very similar, but when I put it all together, it just doesn't sound right. So, it would be a HUGE help if there were some new additional instruments, particularly HAND CLAPPING and the DJEMBE! Thank you! :)

• Montair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People in noteflight should have every instrument from all aroud the world beacuse some people from different places (China, England Togo, New Zealand, Mexico, Chile, etc.) may want the instrment they have in their country or city.

• Brian Durant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add C Melody saxophone to your list of instruments. C Melody saxophones have been experiencing a resurgence in popularity. I personally play C Melody saxophones almost exclusively.

• Susan Gindra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree there needs to be a pipe organ sound--not the cheesy Hammond thing that's already there

• Susan Gindra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and handbells, for which scores there are particular rules: or example, middle 'C' is always in the treble clef.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it stands, the closest approximation to this reedy sound is the basic viola.

• Matthew K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A better organ instrument (pipe organ) would be appreciated. Organ and Organ (Electric) are identical. I get around this by using Tuba.

• Shirley green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many elementary school have descant recorders, and barred instruments. Having a Bass and tenor xylophone, Bass and tenor
        metallophone, and triangle would help immensely. Being able to listen to the sounds as they learn to read the notes would help their learning. Thanks for considering this suggestion.

• capretony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be cool and interesting to see what others will come up with.

• PianoApocalypse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ADD ORGAN! In interstellar it is used and it's beautiful ;)
        Also better brass, floor drum/toms, and slide strings(sliding up sound for effect and buildup)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base