I wish Noteflight would...

Allow Cross-Staff Beaming, Arpeggios, Slurs

This is an important feature of piano music, when a voice moves from one staff to the other. Maybe an option to insert a middle voice into a piano part?

433 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    whatsisface shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Ewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish noteflight would make an option for connected grand staff when writing for piano or Marimba

• AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are honestly really sorry to lose you over this! It's actually quite high on our list of priorities but we are so busy with new features that we just haven't gotten there yet. Please check back soon!

• Brendan Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I genuinely don't understand how this could still be an issue after 4 years now. I specifically don't use Noteflight and have cancelled my paid membership due to the lack of this feature.

• Cameron Donaldson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was attempting to do this right now, and was a bit disappointed it could not be done. I was optimistic when I was able to drag the slur originally created for some notes on the treble staff to cover notes in the bass staff, but during playback the bass staff notes were not played legato.

• Russ T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Notes menu, there is a Stems Up and Stems down command (at least in the paid version there is). Could be a new feature since this comment, since 6 years have passed.

• zhangmei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should add crossbeams (e.g. A beam from the upper staff to the lower staff.)

• Isabella Sims commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So when you write for piano you sometimes want to slur switching between hands. (Ex. Cantabile et Presto piano part first measure) I feel that this is a small but important feature that a lot of people can benefit from.

• Kaleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example on the harp, i have 32nd notes in an arpeggio, but they don't have a way of connecting from the bass clef to the treble clef.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, because I have been having SIGNIFICANT trouble writing piano music without it.

• Julie Overholser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to drag a slur from bass clef all the up to include treble notes. This is imperitive sometimes in piano music.

• Raymond Alcantara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This might've been mentioned already, but it would be nice if we could have beamed notes in the bass clef connect to beamed notes in the treble clef.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I have to say about this is another music notation site, Musescore has this feature and this has been a tempting reason for me to switch over. As a poster mentioned this is an absolutely integral part of piano music notation and many of my scores on here call for it.

• lawtonfamily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens in harp music, too, especially with glissandi (I have a part with a gliss. from C3 to G6). It'd also be nice if a grand staff could be set to work like it does in piano and harp music, with Middle C directly between the staves - and ties, glissandi, etc. moving from one to the other, instead of confined to one OR the other.

• Tein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great to be able to make arpeggios along both the staffs of the piano (is that called a cross-staff arpeggio?)
        Thank you!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base