I wish Noteflight would...

IOS and Android apps instead of accessing through the web

That way you can work on scores when not connected to wi-fi, and then maybe click a "sync" button or the device syncs automatically when connected to save it to the website

2,738 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

207 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joseph Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this, I don't have a computer anymore. I do everything off my iPhone now! -_-'

• antonio4000000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those of you who can't wait for this, you can access noteflight through logmein on the iphone/ipad. However you can't get sounds without subscribing and it is really choppy anyways.

• ziddy6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone happen to agree? If you do, PLEASE vote. I really want the wonderful website of Noteflight to be on the 3DS's eShop.

• ziddy6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful. I own a 3DS and I would love to compose on the go, and I don't have an Android device. But if you happen to make this, please make it free. Or at least under $5.00. Thanks! Please try!

• George, Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My school is thinking about moving to iPads next year. I use noteflight with over 300 students a week. So an iPad option is ready need soon.... Come on noteflight

• DC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing to use any mobile device (iOS/Droid/WP) as a midi keyboard, connected through your account to the PC

• Devin Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know noteflight runs off of flash-based technology and uses WAV files but if you can make an iPad app that would be awesome. I do know that doing this would have to require making note flight running on apples app standard and not adobe fash-flex technology. I know people keep asking for an android or kindle app or like an iPhone app, But I don't think that would be strong enough to require as much computing power as is needed on the noteflight website. So please don't bother making a universal app will work with android or all devices for that matter, but try to stick with the iPad because then you won't have a mediocre app but rather having a good powerful one that you connect to using it it's more effective especially since the new iPad 3 and iPad 2 have really good processors. I know people with the new iPhone 4S would say that it does have a good processor and everything but it's a really small screen and it wouldn't be the same experiences if it were brought to the iPhone as if it was only iPad. I also think some android devices wouldnt have the power for noteflight run on them because android is a messy operating system, because some of the devices have different processors and different screen resolutions and it would only be compatible with certain devices. It's a nightmare when making a universal app for Android devices that requires a lot of tourq to run. And if you had to reach out to make it compatible with more android devices you have to tone down the app quality greatly and lessen the requirements by a lot. Doing this would severely make a less stable app and it wouldn't be as fluid as if it was only compatible with the best devices. I do understand that some android users would be mad about this but if you think about it the, the iPad is the most popular tablet and the most owned tablet compared to android it's a lot more capable of doing tasks. However I ask that if you were to make a iPad app that you would not make it compatible with the iPad one because of hardware requirements. If you look at the new iPad and iPad 2s performance it's pretty promising with what you can do with it so I would recommend you use this to your advantage when making the App especially since the retina display on the new iPad 3 could be in an advantage to the iPad app. I say this because I would like this app to be not just be a sort of lite application that would only be a fraction of what the website on the computer has to offer but rather almost full-blown app and I say this because I am a diehard noteflight user and like to arrange full concert band compositions for my high school concert band and don't want to have to have a fraction of what you can do another flight but almost everything you are able to do on the website. I make this long post because this is important to me. If you were to make an android app please only make it available with tablets that have at least a dual core processor and have lots of ram and a good video processors because I don't want to have to have that translate over to the iPad being the same app as that and have a Mediocre app because it's the same app that is used by Universal Android tablet app. I don't care if you would have to pay money for this app even though conventional noteflight is free already, but I understand trying to port noteflight to a device that doesn't support flash would make it a challenge and it would be a good idea for your company to include a version that has a lot of features and be charged for like $5 or $10 or even more if you would so wish you do that. and maybe you for those simple noteflight users you can include a simple version that would be free but since I am a cresendo member at least make some kind of detailed app that was what you take advantage of the crescendo membership features original noteflight accounts don't have. Thanks soooo much and I'll be looking forward to the iPad up if you guys ever do create one.

• Brian Hagerty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please give some kind of an update on the status of this? It's been two years since you said it was planned. Is an iPad app anywhere in sight?

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Not only would it be great to use, but it would be the only true notation app out there for Android. At my school they are considering a 1 to 1 program next year, and since it will be up to the families as to what device they purchase, having noteflight available for all platforms would make it a godsend and that much better in the classroom.

• Michael Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see some of these ideas, but when it comes to the idea of the app I have my opinions. The regular Noteflight should be the free one, while the Crescendo version should be the payed version.
    Also, having a MIDI control interface for it would be pretty nice, but may be hard to get by beings that MIDI is not supported on Apple Devices.

But I do like this idea, Go for it Joe!

• Alan Barto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would pay (relatively) dearly for an app that would allow me to work from my ipad on a noteflight/crescendo project. This would be in addition to the annual crescendo fee plus extra instrument packages (similar to what Notion does). It's hard to imagine that this type of music notation possibility does not already exist - one fully featured program for all computing platforms!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For sure! That was the second thing I thought after know about Noteflight. "I want it on my phone!"

Feedback and Knowledge Base