I wish Noteflight would...

IOS and Android apps instead of accessing through the web

That way you can work on scores when not connected to wi-fi, and then maybe click a "sync" button or the device syncs automatically when connected to save it to the website

2,500 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

204 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Владимир Захаров commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The HTML5 app is fine, with just one but very crucial drawback: sometimes you have an idea which you need to jot down very (VERY) fast, or it evaporates. Usually this happens when you wake up in the middle of the night with a tune you heard while dreaming. Switching on WiFi, turning on the browser, waiting for the page to load - it may take as little as ten seconds, which can unfortunately still be a showstopper.

• AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes you can do that! NF works on mobile devices (especially Apple at this point), but not as a standalone app. Instead, just open the internet browser on your phone and go to noteflight.com!

Then in the HTML5 editor (the one that appears on iPads and iPhones), click "perform".

• neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, but Noteflight is HORRIBLY SLOW on tablets. Even with flash added to your Android, it's just painfully slow and sluggish to use Noteflight via Android.

I love Noteflight, but to get it working on Android properly, it needs its own App.

Please creat an App asap. Thanks.

• Oliver Calder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You wouldn't even necessarily need to make an offline app, just a way for us to access noteflight from a mobile android browser. So far none that I have tried have worked. Not many are compatible with html5 Web Audio API, so we can't hear what we are composing.
        On Chrome, I just discovered that you can actually edit the compositions, but the "sound is inaudible." If you could find a way to fix this, it would be great!
        Thanks!

• trobone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i was lokking for it we need it would mean we can use our music stands to play off our: tablets; ipads; iphones; phones; or what ever else we have if not printed yet

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this idea! I'm a traveling musician and I would LOVE to have noteflight for my Android so I can write a song on the road!!

• Heber Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you make an app, users would be able to view, listen to, edit, and save their work in their LOCAL STORAGE on their device, so they don't have to be connected to internet to use Noteflight. Thank you.

• Manabu Tokunaga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really glad that I have selected Noteflight. You came through, and now that you have moved onto HTML5, now I can work my music on the go much easier!

• Michael Rapoport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm used to using the keyboard on the original Noteflight, but I can't use it on my iPad for some reason. Please make Noteflight work with bluetooth devices on mobile devices.

• Joseph Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you DO make an app, it needs to have the option of writing tracks like on garage band or fl studio because on a mobile anything it maybe easier to write that way. Please and thank you

• Joy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty please! It would make my son really happy to have this on his android tab

Please make it free, maybe a free one with ads and a $1.99 without ads. I'll totally buy it!!!

• Lebeau Duroi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, anonymous. Nobody got money for your suggestion. No! Continuable on iPhones and iPods too

Thank you for considering these ideas from the community! As an owner of an iPod and iPad, I think that the iPad app should be able to continue projects, while the iPod will merely allow playback.

Feedback and Knowledge Base