I wish Noteflight would...

IOS and Android apps instead of accessing through the web

That way you can work on scores when not connected to wi-fi, and then maybe click a "sync" button or the device syncs automatically when connected to save it to the website

2,500 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

204 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually would vote against stand-alone application versions of Noteflight. A lot of the functionality (though not all) can be accomplished via the web app by allowing offline editing. The huge disadvantage of stand-alone apps is that they will be a constant drain on the development of Noteflight going into the future. Supporting multiple platforms means less time spent on feature development. In some cases it will mean that some features won't be viable at all. Noteflight is leading the way in web music notation software, and with the web expanding in its capabilities, this is what Noteflight should focus on. Noteflight's competitors are all stuck supporting multiple code bases. Noteflight can grow faster because it doesn't have this problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting a "touchfire" error message while attempting to use Noteflight on an iPad. Help?

• Tyger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still want the option of accessing NF via the web, but I DEFINITELY want an app too.

• Leah Childers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With an app everything would be easier, since I'm not allowed much time on the computer. While I realize thee might not be a way to actually make it internetless, an app, needing internet, but an APP ON AN IPOD/PAD/PHONE would be really cool.

• Chloe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be so easy! I don't know much about making apps, but I do know that it would be ridiculously easy!! And a lot of people would download it, to have noteflight on the go! I would mostly use if for forums, so you could even make a separate app for forums, so its not so slow.

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an amateur composer/songwriter, I can say without a doubt that an app for noteflight would be SOO much easier to jot down, or fully compose a song or song idea, than having to buy, or draw out, or print blank sheet paper, and easier to edit and/or fix issues than with the traditional hand-written sheet-music.

• Ayumi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only that, but it would help with data costs. I'd love a feature to download the sounds to certain devices. It sure beats waiting for my 2G connection/insanely slow 3G to finish loading all that stuff. And I'm not sure if it's common around the world, but around here each MB costs up to 0,10 dollars-- a hefty amount at the end of the month. orz

• Mayuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't get scores to play. If I load them up and then press play the score crashes and it just takes me out of NF.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally feel that there's just not enough screen real estate on a phone or even on most tablets for composition. When I come up with a musical idea and I don't have access to the internet, I open the voice recorder on my phone and sing it to myself so I remember later.

• eliana.kearns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Internet can't always be had, and if you have an idea you shouldn't have to rely on your connection! It would be absolutely fantastic to have a mobile app where you can write scores down and download them to the internet once you're connected.

• eliana.kearns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need an app! The mobile web only works with internet, and I have two months this summer where I'll have no internet access.

• scarlet seamstress commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love noteflight. I just requires a keyboard and mouse if I get on my samsung tablet, and I dont have those. I would really appreciate an app for samsung devices!!

• AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shannon, you CAN use NF on the iPad - the only difference is that it's not an app but instead is opened through the regular Safari web browser. Just open Safari and go to noteflight.com and you're set!

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for there to be an app that would allow my students to use their accounts (we have a educational studio account) and complete their template-based assignments and create new compositions. So many schools have class sets of iPads or 1:1 iPad programs. None of our middle schoolers have laptops, so they are not using the program. We would end up purchasing the highest package (or separate accounts for the two teachers) if it could be utilized on the iPad!

Feedback and Knowledge Base