Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe BerkovitzAdminJoe Berkovitz (Admin, Noteflight) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Jordi BartoloméJordi Bartolomé responded  · 

Noteflight has now a metronome! You’ll find it in the HTML5 editor under the mixer panel.
    Go there and turn it on!

We hope you like it!

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robin McClellanAdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a great idea! Could you suggest it as a new idea?
        For now, you could do this as follows:

1. Create an un-pitched percussion part.
        2. Write a measure with a hit on beats 1 and 4
        3. Select measure and type R to repeat many times
        4. In the instruments panel, un-select that part from view so it is hidden

• HaileyHailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if this is already an option, I haven't seen it, but it would also be really helpful if you could adjust which beats it clicks on. For example, if you are in 6/8 a good option to have would be clicks just on the 1 and 4 counts instead of all 6.

• AllieAllie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so does this mean you have to have crescendo? I can't open the mixer panel because I don't have it.

• Sampo HankamaSampo Hankama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add an ON/OFF-click track to Noteflight! It would be very helpful for students in many different learning tasks.

• B GreeneB Greene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not already an obvious thing for Noteflight to have? I'm shocked they don't have one

• bobhaydengilbertbobhaydengilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Noteflight had a metronome, I would switch to Noteflight like a shot as it works on so many platforms. Most of my work involves writing tutorials for beginning wind instrumentalists. A metronome or click allows the beginner to hear two empty bars at the beginning before beginning to play, and the metronome keeps the beginner in time and inculcates a good sense of time. The use of Noteflight promulgates the idea in the beginners mind that this is the notation program of choice, with the likelihood that he/she will become a future Noteflight user.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add my support to this idea. I'd also suggest there be an option to start the click track one measure before the music, it would be quite beneficial for people using it to practice vocal parts

• Jenny ChuJenny Chu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Noteflight to rehearse our choir and a metronome track would be great. It should also be optionally available for when you're only playing back one line.

• davesiberiadavesiberia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My son has the hardest time with maintaining a consistent tempo, playing along with noteflight helps, but it would be great for him to have the metronome clicking in his head whilst he is playing and even after!

• manicolausmanicolaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second the motion! I use Noteflight to learn a vocal score and I also would find an optional metronome click very useful.

• leeinvisibleleeinvisible commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My son plays violin and we use noteflight to enter difficult passages in the music so he can play along. It's great that we can set the tempo but it would be really useful to also have a metronome "click" on the beat. A simple ON/OFF control would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base