I wish Noteflight would...

BUG: Dynamics ignored if score not played from beginning

The dynamics markings (p,pp, mf, ff etc.) are great, but are ignored if they occur before the playback point. Please fix this, it make things really difficult.

575 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Joe Berkovitz responded  · 

This problem has been fixed, and moreover Noteflight now performs crescendo and diminuendo line and wedge notations.

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is awesome! I have been waiting for this since I started working with the software!

• WynterrX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing, they really need to fix this cause now I have to start at the beginning of a section every time I'm checking what I wrote D:

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jesus Christ. Noteflight is AMAZING, but with this bug, it PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only one!

• whatsisface commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we have the same thing with pizz and arco too? it's even more annoying than dynamics.

• Cello95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@George Quinn:
        You can't modify the code of Noteflight.
        First, the score editor is not THE webpage, but just an object ON the webpage.
        And second, IT'S FLASH. If it were Javascript, that would be different.
        Good thought though.

• britty143 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering that hiding a dynamic is crescendo only, noteflight should at least let non- crescendo users hide a note temporarily until it is fixed. Don't you agree?

• patteese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until this is fixed (which it hopefully will be soon), I agree with iamthemusicplayer... you can just set the dynamics to the "hidden" color, which allows you to keep the dynamics at every measure without the piece getting too crowded with markings.
        Unfortunately, changing the color of markings is a Crescendo feature only.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its not really a bug it just only activates the dynamics in the score plays over them

It would be better if the score used the last dynamic from where you start playing it

• iamthemusicplayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well there is one way to fix this : put the dynamics where you need to replay.... Simple as that; I do it....... But that's for the smart yet desperate people.......

I agree with musicguyguy, that's probably what should happen......

maybe also when you hover your mouse over each individual measure, it has a greyed-out-dynamic to show the dynamic loudness without the actual dynamic text showing....then you remove your mouse and it fades away....

• austin Philp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this has caused me many issues, ill have to keep playing a score from the very begining just to go over one part

• musicguyguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it actually should be pretty easy.
        instead of applying a change-of-dynamic point at, say, bar 3, noteflight could apply a dynamic to bars 3-5, until the next dynamic change.

• George Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hooyacrusty, you say the code can just go backwads and look, but coding applications is pretty hard!

• hooyacrusty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be easy to fix. Why play is clicked, the code just needs to search backward on each part to find the last dynamic marking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base