I wish Noteflight would...

allow for the number of strings in tablature to be changed.

Some basses and bass music call for more than four strings. Some guitars and guitar music call for more than six strings. I wish Noteflight would allow you to add strings to your tabs. I'm sick of writing out tabs for a five string bass on guitar tabs because at the end, when I go print, I have an extra string that throws me off when I go to read the sheet music.

237 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nathan Benitez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rex McGee, premium user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Probably no musical instrument has ever had to fight its way through such bitter antagonism as the BANJO, and the fact that it has become the most popular instrument in refined society should set at rest the mind of the most fastidious. -----Lincoln H. Gatcomb

GATCOMB'S BANJO AND GUITAR GAZETTE
        September 1887

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like noteflight to add a 7-string guitar option, adding a string 7 after string 6.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS NOT RELATED TO THE SINGLE NOTE TUNING OF INSTRUMENTS

But I wish Noteflight would implement the function of adding strings, eg adding a lower B string to a bass, making is a 5 string rather than a four for tab

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I'm a heavy metal guitarist who generally uses a seven or eight string guitar, and really wish that Noteflight would add the ability to change the number of strings on guitars. I want to be able to start to write my own pieces in tablature, while taking full advantage of the extended range of my guitars. Sadly with Noteflights tab options, it completely takes away any advantage that the added strings can give me. Is there any way something could be done about this?

• giannis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noteflight tablatures are 4 stringed, like bass / ukele tablature , or 6 stringed like guitar.
        I need a 3 stringed tablature. Greek (and not only Greek) musical instruments are 3 stringed.

I have this 3 stringed tab for example on Noteflight:

https://melody.sites.noteflight.com/scores/view/c049d3757dde391083b090b39fd7e975ba02441f
        but it is not official made by Noteflight.

here is a small list with 3 stringed musical intruments:

Balalaika

3-string Cigar Box Guitar

shamisen

Bouzouki

Greek Baglama

Greek Tzouras

Noteflight tablatures are 4 stringed, like bass / ukele tablature , or 6 stringed like guitar.
        I need a 3 stringed tablature. Greek (and not only Greek) musical instruments are 3 stringed.

I have this 3 stringed tab for example:

https://melody.sites.noteflight.com/scores/view/c049d3757dde391083b090b39fd7e975ba02441f
        but it is not official made by Noteflight.

Balalaika

shamisen

Bouzouki

Greek Baglama

Greek Tzouras

• alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Balalaika

shamisen

Bouzouki

Greek Baglama

tzouras

I think this is not difficuld to be made.
        Thank you.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base