I wish Noteflight would...

Add a reply feature to the comments

Often, I get a vague suggestion like, 'add some slurs,' in the comments of my projects. it would be great if there was a feature that I could reply to these comments and the other party would be notified, so I could get a response that I can use to improve my work with.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dream-Flutist shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Duncan Wall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely support something to this effect. I liked a score that that had a big fight ongoing in the comments section. I just told the composer I liked the piece, but my comment got ignored because there were so many other comments in the comment fight. If there was a reply feature, users could all fight under the same comment reply and people like me who just want to compliment it will not get ignored.

• Hayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If not a reply button directly, could we at least be able to use the @ symbol to have it pop in their news feed? This is a way many noteflight users already reply to specific people in the score comments (and the forums inside groups) and it would make the integration more seamless. So if someone says to fix something, I can comment: Thanks @usernamehere for the comment and feedback, I tried that and I liked it and implemented it..... etc.. and it would pop up in their news feed as something like "You were mentioned on the score "scorename" or something to that effect..

• Qwertyzxcv1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noteflight needs this, and there would be a thing that says if anyone replied to any of your comments.

• Eira Gustavsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it easier to communicate! It would be great if there were some kind of log on the account where you could read all that´s new. Like when someone has commented the same score that you´ve commented or hearted. (almost like facebook)

• Zovos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it kind of annoying to always have to go back to other compositions that I have commented on and check if anybody meant to reply to my comments on them. Can it be possible to implicate a comment reply system that can also notify people if they have been replied to? I think this idea would be found very useful to many users in the Noteflight community.

Feedback and Knowledge Base