I wish Noteflight would...

Add different historical temperaments

It would be cool to be able to change the temperament to a pre-20th century tuning, to add a more authentic feel to some of the classical music composed on the platform.

Some temperaments that could be added might be:
-Pythegorian
-Just
-Mean-tone
-Well

566 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J Reeves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often have my class sing with noteflight accompaniments. A variety of historical temperaments and tuning frequencies would be useful and interesting.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, back during the Baroque era people tuned their A strings at 415 Htz instead of 440 Htz. I would like to see an option implemented that allows us to tune down to other Htz levels

• Suzanne Shwaluk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to create midis from my Noteflight scores that have unequal semi-tones or 'just temperament'. This would let me practice with the midis in the correct pitch from note to note. Just/Unequal temperament was what composers 'heard' their music in up until pianos came into common use. Currently I sing using a tuner on an app called 'Cleartune' by bitcount.com. I Thx

• Asa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I play baroque instruments its ok because it´s half tone down, but classical a=430Hz its impossible to use Noteflight as a minus1 - player....

• J Reeves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tuning up and down one semitone from A = 440 hz in 100 divisions of the semitone. I always tune my classroom keyboard to A = 432 hz. The recorders sound so much more relaxed at that pitch.

• Ned commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As most of you know, some instruments' tuning is extremely wacky. The violins aren't in tune with the clarinets, and that's just ONE problem.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could actually alter the pitch of each note? We could make certain notes sound a little flat at parts, or change the tuning to line up with other instruments. This would solve all of the tuning issues and let us be more creative with our songs!

• Cheesewuva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, in Baroque music, the tuning is usually not A=440 (usually around one semitone down.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base