I wish Noteflight would...

Be able to change tempo markings within the middle of a measure, and not only at the downbeat of a measure.

I have tried everything I could, but nothing seems to work.

Basically, my end goal is to do a ritardando for a measure before I kik it back into the original tempo at the next measure, but Noteflight's attempts do it too slow for what I am trying to accomplish.

I tried my hardest to put a tempo marking in (beat 4) of the measure, but it only allows me to change it at the downbeat (beat 1) of the measure.

Is this possible? If so, how can I do it?

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcus Hawkins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scotch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoops. The problem with my work-around (see below) is that it apparently throws off the measure count, so you'll have to go without measure numbers entirely it appears. That's very bad. Noteflight could remedy matters by allowing us to click on a measure number anywhere, change it, and have it automatically increment from this point. That would be very easy to program.

• Scotch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For what it's worth, there is a work-around. Suppose you want to increase the tempo on beat two of a 3/4 measure: Convert the measure in question into two measures, a 1/4 measure and a 2/4 measure. Change the tempo at the beginning of the 2/4 measure, and make both the 1/4 and 2/4 time signatures (and the 3/4 time signature of the following measure) invisible. Also make the bar line between the 1/4 and 2/4 measure invisible.

• TOOL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so tempo changes can be placed on any beat of a measure... Not just the very beggining

Feedback and Knowledge Base