I wish Noteflight would...

Allow ties into AND out of repeat bars and back to the beginning of the section.

Noteflight has a special function for ties into a repeating section or coda. (I've had some difficulty getting it to work, but it is there.) What I really need is to be able to tie a note OUT of a repeat bar and BACK to the beginning. I'm able to notate it with the standard tie symbol, but playback ignores this--creating a glitch instead of a syncopation.

1,210 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen F. CzaplaStephen F. Czapla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J S J S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And to add a little bit, perhaps allow ties to extend past the next note, because I could play a broken chord of, say, E, C, G, and I want them all to tie to the full chord at the end of the phrase, instead of making progressively larger "chords" that are really just one note being played, with the previous tied to it. Do I make sense?

• iamthemusicplayeriamthemusicplayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another problem related : the PEDAL. Whenever the PEDAL starts a "repeating section", and "the PEDAL ends" at the end of the repeating section, it doesn't use the PEDAL once the section repeats. (not meant to sound confusing) I've tried putting putting the "end" inside and outside the section; no avail.

• Stephen F. CzaplaStephen F. Czapla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's an example of what I mean. Bar 72 is fine the first time around, but when we have to return to bar 72 from bar 87, the tie is not observed.

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/248ca8f1c4a80874169b08375cf107f566ef1db2

Interestingly, it seems the tie *does* work in this situation when you tie to a grace note in the first measure. In playback, you hear the grace note before the cursor gets there. I suppose this has to do with the grace note coding, but it shows the ability is there for a tie to reach beyond an adjacent measure to a preceding measure. In this case it's the tie leading from bar 18 back to bar 3.

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/bc3b223df0d6e94559fe177610d6ce8f1b46f4e0

It's just as necessary to be able to tie out of a first repeat as it is to tie into a second repeat or coda, so could this function please be expanded to accomodate both?

Feedback and Knowledge Base