I wish Noteflight would...

Allow Users to Interact More

This is an amazing website that I appreciate dearly for allowing me the chance to express myself musically with such ease and efficiency; however, I find it frustrating that I cannot connect with other composers for collaboration and possible growth by interaction in our shared medium. Grant users the option to connect with their peers.

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joseph Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how the YouTube homepage let's you see what's trending, what you might like and what the people you follow or have subscribed to have been up to. It would help us even more on this site because it would show us music we may not have seen by browsing, we will get notifications right when we log in about what the people we subscribed to have been up to, and it will get us all the criticism we want easier. I know we don't "put down" or fellow music, but could there also be a "dislike" button. It would be useful for us all becoming better composers if we know the majority of people who look at one of our score hated it.

• Jack F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we could subscribe to people and send messages, it would really open up the interface between members.

• meb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like having friends, set up an inbox and you can send friend requests

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A mechanism to add friends, and share with them original projects. They could be able to change something, to help with sugestions. It would be usefull to compose with somebody far from us...

• danielh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A search for "notification" brings up a lot of posts from people wanting some system for knowing when changes are made to others' scores and when comments are made. This is incredibly necessary for the comment system to be worth anything. Right now my students have to email me to let me know that they have made changes to work, and I have to email them if I choose to use the comment system. Another post had more votes, but this is the only post with admin response, so I'll put my two cents here.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i recently visited one of my favourite song scores and found i could no longer comment on it. did someone flag one of my previous comments and cause that? because i didn't spam or say anything that could be considered inappropriate.

• Hayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The more ways someone can reach you the better. Right? What if someone uses other social sites than twitter and facebook? Then this would be a useful add-on for them.
        may I also suggest a profile preview button to see what our profile will look like?

• Andrew Chung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I wanna know how many people actually looked at my scores, not just favs and comments. This should totally be done.

• aramirez98 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe when someone create a score, they could list it under one or two specific genres, so that scores of similar genres could be grouped together.... thoughts?

• Freedom Writer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here are just a few of my thoughts on ways that Noteflight may be able to improve in the future:
        1) Create a way of subscribing to different users to get updates on their writing activity (ex. subscriptions on YouTube)
        2) Have a comments panel on everyone's home page for just general comments that are not specific to any one score (also could be used for requests for people who do arrangements)
        3) Have a friend circle (ex. Facebook) where you can create group scores that aren't publicly open to editing
        4) Allow people when they choose to make a score public to possibly have a rating bar or star rating where people can anonymously vote on the score (for musicians like I this would be helpful to know the public interest in a piece)
        5) Just a thought; maybe allow people to vote comments (up or down) like on YouTube
        6) Having dozens of scores it becomes a hassle to try and keep track of comments and favorites; it would be nice to have a way of getting notifications when someone comments or favorites a score (also if you leave a comment on someone else's score and they respond by typing @____________ [your username] then you get a notification)
        Basically connecting #1, #6, and possibly #2, if it would be possible to have some sort of a newsfeed that told you all of the information mentioned in those parts that would be awesome! I hope some of this may be considered at some point. Thank you.
        - Tyler Freed (a.k.a. Freedom Writer)

• ziddy6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everything you suggested was nice, but how would you have related scores? Scores on here can't really be classified unles...maybe, every once in a while, a survey could be sent to each user, asking which pieces form the All-time favorites would be in what categories...I don't know.

• Qwertyzxcv1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool if:
        1. You could see how many views your song gets.
        2. Thumbs up of thumbs down a score.
        3. Reply to comments.
        4. Thumbs up of thumbs down a comment.
        5. Subscribe to users.
        6. Have related scores.
        7. Have a description.
        I would appreciate this.

• Kenton J. Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have connected with a few of the people on this site (Freedom Writer and Beatles4ever2), basically you make friends and ask email addresses/facebook/ other stuff.

• iusetoomuchgel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noteflight would be a hundred times better if you were able to send messages, have friends, and a notification feature which lets you know if someone has commented, Favorited( Or Liked!) one of your scores. Which brings me to my next subject. Instead of only being able to favorite a score you should have the option of simply liking one. There are many scores I like but don't enjoy enough to add to my favorites. Being able to like a score lets the artist know they have done a good job and at the same time allows a members favorite tab to contain only "favorites". Finally, I know this is already an idea but...Noteflight should have a "views feature" like on YouTube. Like I said before this YouTube/Facebook setup would make the Noteflight experience a hundred times better and vastly increase it's popularity.

• Supreme Philharmonic Dubstep Division commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to see a Social Dashboard, where others can Message you, see how many comments are on a song from a certain person (fresh comments), any form of dedication to someone on Noteflight, etc.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base