I wish Noteflight would...

Include the repeat measure symbol; a forward slash with a dot above and below. Thx!

This symbol is extensively used in studio charts, esp handy for drummers who must repeat the same beat for several measures. This would reduce the chart size to a convenient 1 or 2 pages

526 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roger L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lily Calico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, have you added the multiple-measure repeat sign yet? I need it... very, very soon.

• davis bacon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add my voice to those requesting "multiple measure repeat" -- for instance when a two bar phrase or vamp gets repeated over and over.
        The symbol used is the same percent sign looking thingy, *//*, but there is a "2" above it and it straddles the barline.
        If you can implement that, it would be **greatly** appreciated -- it really is important for jazz charts, etc.

• John Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please add this feature? I have several pieces I want to write which will require repeating a set of two measures over and over, and I would really appreciate the double-measure repeat symbol (which looks like this: *//.)

• Annie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! Thanks for making this repeat symbol for 1 measure; any way we could make it a multi-measure symbol?
        Example: I have a 2-measure phrase that's repeated ad-nauseum. The symbol on Noteflight only works on repeating 1 measure.
        Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a year and a half since this feature has been "prioritized". When is it going to appear?? It is very frustrating having to look at percussion music that is messy and cluttered because the repeat measure (and repeat 2 measures) notation isn't there. Please fix!!

• Sam Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, This should be high priority. When I score for percussion, I often have bar patterns that repeat them selves. It seems like too much work for me to have to copy and paste repeating measures.I'll wait until this feature is added before I consider upgrading. It would also be great to include a two-bar repeat sign as well. The foundation of a lot of drum patterns are two-bars long. Thank you, Sam

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, for changing my parts in play orchestras, so I don't have to rewrite everything several times...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base