I wish Noteflight would...

Make a way to remove triplets!!!

I created a triplet in a score, and could not figure out how to remove the triplet after realizing I had made a mistake. I was forced to use undo, and when I discovered that the undo history did not go back far enough, I had to exit the score and go to the last save which, thankfully did not include the dreaded triplet. Maybe a "Remove Tuplet" button in the Score pannel?

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tboneguy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the first note of the triplet put a quarter note with a rythm dot. the triplet should be deleted

• R.V.S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there no way to do this without deleting the notes? If not, I think there should be. The ability to make rhythmic changes non-destructively (to the extent possible) is one of my benchmarks for ease-of-use in notation software.

• Ryan Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Select the first note of the triplet and then press down and hold shift. Then, use the arrow keys to highlight the whole triplet, then release both button and press backspace/delete.

• DPlot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about this: turn the note at the beginning of the triplet into a value that completes the triplet. For example, an eighth note triplet's value is three eighth notes, so turn the note at the beginning of the triplet into a dotted quarter note (which is worth three eighth notes). In a quarter note triplet, turn it into a dotted half note. Unfortunately, this will not work for quintuplets or septuplets (which I often use) because a sixteenth note quintuplet is worth five sixteenth notes, which doesn't have a dotted note value.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems a little out-dated but if anybody is wondering, click on the note that is at the beginning of the triplet and press backspace twice.

• J S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a way, you have to delete the rests the tuplet is over to get rid of the tuplet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base