I wish Noteflight would...

Harpsichord

It would be great to get the Harpsichord added to the in program, anyways, keep up the good work guys!

1,020 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Joe Berkovitz responded  · 

A Harpsichord instrument was made available for Crescendo users as of Feb. 21, 2014. This instrument’s sounds are commercially licensed and thus are not available to free users of Noteflight.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen F. Czapla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you so much! The new harpsichord sounds great. Now maybe a clavinet? ;) Yeah, I know, these things don't come cheap. I don't need a harpsichord all the time, but when you need one nothing else will do. And depending on genres there are some on here who had an especially hard time going without.

An acoustic harpsichord does. Many other midi keyboards with a harpsichord setting are touch-sensitive and they respond accordingly. It's often possible to disable this if the player wants a more authentic sound. I would think likewise it would be at the discretion of the composer to add dynamics or not.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep in mind the hapsichord only plays one dynamic. Having a harpsichord implemented might mean they would have to alter the code to prevent someone from putting dynamics onto that line of music.

• Antoine Bélisle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be Crescendo, but it would also be another reason to buy it. I would luv. harpsichord. It has such a sound no other instruments have.

• hoffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add more percussion instruments: maracas, tambourine, claves, gong, chimes, triangle, crotales. For more options and variety in certain songs and parts

These samples are expensive to obtain. It would be great to have harpsichord available to anyone and I'd love to see a Basic version too, but the money to do it has to come from somewhere.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the politics of Noteflight, I've always been an advocate of ever-increasing instrument databases :).

Feedback and Knowledge Base