I wish Noteflight would...

sending messages

we would be able to send messages to other note flight customers kinda like a email

487 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Noah Williams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rio Sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I REALLY think we should have direct messaging on noteflight, would make my life so much easier

• John Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of commenting on the score, users should be allowed to email them. Commenting on a score shows up after you publish it, and the extra comments can be excessive.

• AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update: we already allow users to follow each other. That is not exactly a "Friend" system like Facebook but it's similar.

So, we think the main aspect of this feature is the inbox and messaging - that is something we don't have.

Therefore, I am going to merge this with this idea: http://feedback.noteflight.com/forums/4962-tell-us-your-thoughts/suggestions/2155805-sending-messages

Thanks everyone!

• Meteo0r27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the security of private-by-default-scores was arguably a good idea. However, the complete and utter lack of any way to communicate with a specific individual user whose work you admire, or want to play whilst not-sitting-at-a-desktop-computer makes noteflight no longer worth my time. I hope to come back soon to find we can send messages & ask for permission to print(play) one anothers' works, consensually and with full due credit given to those who wrote them.

• Aaron Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be nice if those messages were posted on your profile, kinda like Pandora profiles. That would make things easier.

• kitty_12141 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Facebook Messager. Whenever you need to speak with a Noteflight user privately, you can be able to message that specific person without having to share a score or talk to them on the forums. Also if they want to give you information that is between them, it is easier to do so.

• Dox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So working on it means you have a messages box that does nothing?

• Lishika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I share an account with another person and we collaborate on some songs and it would be great if I could send her messages without adding a comment to the score because she may not see it.

• Zakos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it says that it's being worked on, but after 3 years I have to wonder.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base