I wish Noteflight would...

support smarter MIDI import

Currently it only allows splitting by track or channel, with no ability to split by pitch range, nor any ability to specify a key signature (which I tried to set after importing, but the damage with the accidentals was already done apparently).

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dylan Nicholson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes, by mistake, a single Midi note exists twice. Note fliight should ignore one of the notes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Looking for ability to import an additional MIDI file into a score I'm working on.

• Jared Rincon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an option that exists as to where I can import another MIDI file into my music? I already used an MIDI file for part of my music from my old computer, but now need to import more MIDI files in the same score. How can I do that?

• Dakota Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also I know of the copy and paste but a more direct feature would be nice, maybe where if you highlight a measure you can click and import button and it imports that score breaking the measure and adding the score then continuing the rest of the original measure's after the imported score is at its end

• Dakota Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you can't import a MIDI into a piece thats already created, i suggest that you make it where you can import a MIDI and it puts the beginning of the MIDI at the double barline of the song that you're importing it into, this feature would allow for larger composition's or inserting themes to make it easier to collaborate or make multiple movements in a piece easily.

• ImFstAsFckBoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More complex midi files just flat out can't be imported in noteflight. It usually ends up being one bass clef with all notes being 32th or 64th notes. But when i tried importing it to Musescore it work perfectly.

• K H Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When exporting to MIDI I get one dummy track with the score name.
        And the remaining tracks (those with actual content) have no names.

I would greatly appreciate the instrument names being exported as track names.

And I would personally prefer not having the dummy track with the score name. So if there is a good reason for it (for others), could it be made optional?

• DJ CACTU$WAGGER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a piano MIDI file is imported into noteflight, the treble and bass clefs are squished into one, and if the bass is a different rhythm to the treble, then all notes are shortened to fit in one voice. This is really annoying and the clefs take forever to separate. The coding for this may be hard but I would appreciate if it was fixed.

• Kevin Ting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for stopping to read this.
        It would be fantastic if Noteflight would:
        1. allow midi files to input the sound as a dynamic
        2. allow slides and bends to be inputted and exported
        3. allow more than 24 instruments or not cut short or "truncate" the score.
        4. allow midi input/export in HTML version
        5. allow bends and slides in HTML 5 version
        4. Lastly Noteflight contains a bug. On computers with cheaper hardware, the song turns into a mess of notes. For example at one point in a song, 15 notes are played together at one point.with a range (e.g. flute sax and tuba bass (commonly happens in bass and sax)) for the rest of the song that one note that will be combined with other notes played with it. By the end of the composition, the note will sound like someone smashing a piano. I hope these bugs can soon be addressed. Thank you Joe and noteflight team!

Feedback and Knowledge Base