I wish Noteflight would...

Get Drumset Crash, Marching Drums, Latin Percussion

Hey Noteflight Team, I love the software and everything! What I am REALLY hoping for is some more percussion sounds/notes. If there could be a crash or splash for the drumest? or if there could be some latin style percussive sounds- such as cowbell, maracas, guero? Finally i would love it if there could be quad toms, marching snare/bass. Thankyou

882 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Elizabeth Gazda responded  · 

You asked, and we listened. We’ve released a collection of new instruments, including marching percussion and specialty latin instruments.

To celebrate the release of our new instruments we’re running a Latin Composition Contest http://notes.noteflight.com/latin-composition-contest-sponsored-by-tycoon/

Noteflight’s new Latin Instruments include:

Bongo
    Cowbell
    Güiro
    Timbales
    Congas
    Güira
    Tambora

Noteflight’s new Marching Band instruments include:

Snare
    Tenor
    Cymbals
    Bass Drum

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the most part, yes. Free users have a more limited set of instruments, so for percussion you would have only the drum sets and a few other things. For many of our Marching and Latin instruments you would need a Premium subscription.

• the chef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you include a regular, monotone clap with the Basic membership drum set? It would be really cool

• DPlot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to have a rim shot sound for marching drums when the martellato is placed on the note.

• Lalu99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can they add bongos? Or Tam-tam or a gong? they should definitely add tubular bells/chimes

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a great idea. I need the same with afrobrasilian drums (surdo, alfaia, agogo, repenique, etc.)

• MoboMoga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just seriously want the stick click sounds (hitting 2 drumsticks together) and claps!! This would expand my choice of genre soooo much when composing! Also it sucks when MIDI files with these sounds are imported into Noteflight but then become the regular drum set notes.

• Zenog-NoteflightFeedback commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously you've only got a Basic membership, because the Crescendo drum set has cowbell already. Your only problem is the fact that you don't want to pay the $50 (or equivalent amount of money in exchange rate to your currency) a year just so you can get a cowbell, which is completely understandable.

• Jillian Seitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE get marching drums!! Whether they're offered in the free version or just in the Crescendo version, I would pay for membership either way.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base