I wish Noteflight would...

Easier switching between playback mode and note entry

The old Notelfight allowed me to enter in notes, and then easily listen by hovering over the play button, pressing "p", or even selecting a track and just listening to it alone. Now, hovering doesn't make the play button appear (I have to actually click on the gray part above the staff, then hover), and when I do finally enter playback mode, I can't just hit the space bar to pause it and immediately edit notes. I have to either click "Edit", or press the escape button, but it takes just long enough to be annoying, and the fact that the menu changes between the two modes makes the position of the notes change. This is particularly annoying for me because I like to constantly play back what I've written to see how it sounds, and it's now a much harder, slower, and painstaking process. I used to love how quick and responsive it was, but now it's so slow...

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Emily Lutz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) responded  · 

We have made some speed improvements in the switchover between modes. That doesn’t address everything you said, and we are thinking about that too, but do you find that it’s a bit better since when you posted this?

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base