I wish Noteflight would...

fix the search engine

The search engine used to work for songs with more than one word, but now, when used, if the title of the song you're looking for has a common word like "You" in it, you're screwed! It shows every song with that word in it's title.
Please change it back so it only shows song with ALL of your search keywords in it! I can't find music anymore!

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    y. s. smayy. s. smay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • shannonshannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really glad to hear that. i couldn't tell it was in process b/c joe's last comment was 'no'. thanks a lot for working on it.

• Robin McClellanAdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Shannon (responding here too) - the search issue is a known problem which we are working on - in fact we will be redoing our search functionality to make it much better than before! This kind of rebuilding takes some time. We are working on it!

i refer you to 'fix the search engine' from july 2016. additional comments have been posted with very good points (not just mine, either). please increase the search options thusly.

hey joe berkovitz: ok almost a year later & this problem is still a big thorn in my side. using quotes should - like google & most big search engines - bring up only that exact phrase. i don't really care what 'many users find more useful', i'm one of many who don't have time for a million hits! :) if you were to install the option to 'search for exact phrase' 'keywords' 'any words' 'all words' - pick one of those from a dropdown or radio button - this would fit everyone (and i bet you'll see that no one chooses 'any words' which is the only current option).
        i just searched for the song 'you've made me so very happy'. i double-dog dare you to do that & tell me how useful the results are. showing me every file containing any of those words is far from helpful. if it's not there, fine, just tell me that. don't give me a billion wrong answers.

• RoloRolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

april 2017 and this engine still doesnt work. You can literally search for the entire name of an uploaded sheet and it wont show up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base