I wish Noteflight would...

Higher-quality Sounds for Playback

NoteFlight is a fantastic project, and I fully support it. I notice that there are a lot of votes for exporting to MP3 formats. However, I argue that it will not really be worth exporting to an audio format if the sound of the instruments sound like MIDI from 20 years ago. Would it be possible to include some high-quality instruments playback sounds, ones that would really make it worth-while to export from NoteFlight instead of first exporting to MIDI (or MusicXML) and then importing it into our own programs that do Soundfonts or something similar.

2,578 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jean Of mArc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So apparently, Noteflight gets their virtual instruments from a company called "Sonivox"(Sonivoxmi.com) I checked out their site and listened to a few guitar previews and...their guitars friggin' rock, man! Then I listened to Noteflight's guitars...clanky, twangy, and overall, just lame. The only Noteflight guitars I can listen to without "ear-vomiting" are the classical and acoustic guitars which strangely enough...are from Sonivox! Noteflight needs to trade out it's awkward, clanky, robotic, twangy distortion for a "Sonivox Creamy Fuzz Guitar, or maybe a Les Paul guitar, exchange it's boring clean guitar for a rickenbacker330 and so on, so forth. Bottom line, Noteflight's current guitar selection sucks and they should change it.

• Jesus C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

search and add new sounds, crashes and bells are still missing. Come on, we are not asking that much!! Thanks, Jesus C.

• Neil Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking a vanbasco type module for those who also play live and want to take their compositions out on the road. Especially as there is so little available for Android. Android seems to really suck when it comes to music apps.

• drummer647 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you put a tremolo on a mallet instrument, snare drum, cymbal, etc, it should maybe play a recording of that roll, instead of very CHOPPY, ANNOYING, roll-ish things. So if i wanted to play a four mallet marimba chord for a half measure or measure or so, it should sound like a roll, not 32nd or 64th notes. -_-

• John T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get many praises for my work but what ALWAYS follows is, "But the Midi sound is horrible". I would be willing to pay additional to upgrade to a better orchestral sound than what is currently provided.

• composer2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I write a lot of string orchestra music, and whenever I add a tremolo it sounds choppy, almost like that noise your computer makes when it is having trouble booting up. I would really like better sounding tremolos in the playbacks.

• realrocker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you disagree with me like many people have already please search YouTube for Standard E Guitar Tuning and click on as many videos as you like and try to match the distortion or overdriven guitars to those videos. You'll find they are both sharp.

• Chris Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that Noteflight is being pestered about new instruments all the time, but I figured I may as well add my input. I am primarily a guitarist, and I know that there are thousands of pedal effects, amp effects, and even different guitars. I know that adding all of these effects is impossible. I am asking that you add a virtual effects panel on the guitar. It could be a small addition, but still very useful for guitarists.

• iusetoomuchgel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of just having "Distortion Guitar" or "Electric Bass"...why not be more specific like "Fender American Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar" with"Orange Amp" and "Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass" with "Fender Bassman TV Ten 150W 1x10 Bass Combo Amp" This way, you get the exact sound you want.

• realrocker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Crescendo Guitars;Distortion Electric Guitar and Clean Electric Guitar sound very out of tune when any kind of chord is played(especially distortion guitar when power chords are played)Can these guitars be re-tuned? I played both of these on the demo version and they sounded terribly off. Distortion guitar is such a HUGE part of my music that If this can't be fixed there would be no point upgrading to Crescendo.

• whatsisface commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest that possibly you could select "other" and then name it and select from the midi sounds.

• Scabby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play guitar and feel a Wah pedal effect would be awesome for certain rock, blues and other styles of music.

• Perry Meridian Bands commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Non-Crescendo users should have access to all of the instruments that a full orchestra would have (French horn, bassoon, bass clarinet, etc.). The sound quality (in woodwinds especially) needs to be improved as well. A full section doesn't need to be included; the normal solo instruments will do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base