I wish Noteflight would...

Higher-quality Sounds for Playback

NoteFlight is a fantastic project, and I fully support it. I notice that there are a lot of votes for exporting to MP3 formats. However, I argue that it will not really be worth exporting to an audio format if the sound of the instruments sound like MIDI from 20 years ago. Would it be possible to include some high-quality instruments playback sounds, ones that would really make it worth-while to export from NoteFlight instead of first exporting to MIDI (or MusicXML) and then importing it into our own programs that do Soundfonts or something similar.

2,415 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jean Of mArc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Winfree03 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The organ is a very beautiful instrument. Quite unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the Noteflight version.
        Would it be possible to select your stops? If not, which stops are currently in Noteflight now?
        Last thing: would it also be possible to have a pipe organ?

Thanks!
        ~Winfree03

• Shane Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sounds that Saxophones make are the ugliest sounds on Earth, please give us a better sound for them!

• Winfree03 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In recent compositions, I have realized that concert C, B, and Bb are much louder than the rest of the notes. This makes it frustrating to have to write a dynamic level lower on every one of those notes to make it sound smoother.
        Another thing I have noticed is whenever you write the french horn's dynamics either louder or softer, the notes only change in volume, not in style. In my opinion, it would make it very interesting to add a checkbox in the mixing panel that allows this to happen.

Thanks you so much!

~Winfree03

• Alex Spaulding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always liked the idea of changing the piano note sounds (or adding new ahhs and oos in the choir options) this plugin extension would allow us to import custom sounds. I have no idea if this has already been developed, but I want it to.

• Robert Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ones at the minute are horrific. The male voice sound in particular is so severely out-of-tune it's simply unusable, especially in the upper tenor register. I admit better sounds may come with a larger upgrade, but for the moment, at least fix their tuning, electronically perhaps, so that the existing ones are viable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'M STRUGGLING ARRANGING A ROCK SONG BECAUSE THE VIOLIN SOUNDS TERRIBLE AND THERE IS NO ELECTRIC GUITAR (CLASSICAL GUITARS DON'T EXACTLY MAKE THE BEST ROCK MUSIC SOUNDS)
        PLEASE FIX THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH AHHHHHHHHH!!!

• Salmon Kwok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sometimes use the strings for my pieces, and the string sounds are the worst in all of the basic instruments.

The violin does not sound good until you get to around the e string and it still doesn't sound standard level. Same with all of the other bow strings

• Brian Reels Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play french horn and it seems like there is a flat, soft chalky sound. Even for all the brass i feel like there should be two different types of sounds. A solo tone and a more ensemble sound that has a difference when playing soft and loud.

• Ecremprown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These shouts would go well in cinematic/epic type pieces and wouldn't be a specific note, it would just be a shout. I'm working on a piece that could really use them, and I haven't found a way to replicate them with the existing vocals. Also make the vocals very energetic and powerful!

• Mc Magma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Overall it is great.
        Some instrument sounds are incorrect though. I feel free accounts don't get enough things, such as higher quality instruments and the ability to make more scores.

• Violinist147 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the instruments sound good, but the violin and viola are so unrealistic that I don't us them, but I would like to.

• coopersandlerlevine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The choir voices are nice, but having a solo voice that could go high and low for each part would be great. I mean, if there was a solo voice for male, it could be able to go up to a G without having to voice modulate it.

• Sherry Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the violins sound very chalky .I understand that the sound is computer generated ,but the sound of the violin should at least have a little more realism. I'm a violinist and get homework from my teacher on your sight (which i would have to say is very descent) and when i am listening to the violin part i cringe by the sound.so i am asking in more desperate than negative way; please consider.

Add 12-tuplets because im trying to write a 12 tuplet part and without it the violins would be behind the rhythm section

• tzef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I would be great if noteflight could have some system where you could record more instruments. I am interested in Greek musical instruments !!!

• Max Trotter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The basic voices just sound like someone doing a singing warm-up. If you're not using Noteflight for composing singing warmups, then it's not very useful.

• Artemio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sound samples that are used for all the saxophones sound very fake and low quality.
        The intonation is also off on certain notes on most of the saxophones especially for the soprano sax.

It would be nice if the saxophones had a more smooth classical sound instead of the jazzy grainy type, the latter sound doesn't work for every musical context.
        I'm begging you, please fix the saxophone sounds!
        It would be greatly appreciated by many in this community.
        Thanks.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base