I wish Noteflight would...

have more features for email notifications.

I'm using NoteFlight in my piano studio, and it'd be great if I could edit my email preferences so that I receive notifications when students add new material, ask a question, or share something with me.

234 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samantha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lishika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a wonderful idea. There have been so many times I would ask someone a question by commenting on their score but I have know way of knowing if or when they reply with an answer. I have to go back to the score every now and then to check to see if there is a reply.

• Mojo Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noteflight is a growing community. Whenever someone responds to someone else's comment, it appears as a comment on the top and the person they replied to doesn't know their comment was replied to, and usually never sees it.

I think that there should be an actual feature for replying to comments. When you reply to someone, they should receive a notification in their news with easy access to it.

Please consider this idea! Thanks!

• Josie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am a teacher and I would love to receive a notification when students post to a forum or share a song with me. I would also like students to receive a notification when someone comments on their song.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a teacher I would find this very useful. My students often don't realise that I have commented - and I don't want to have to email each student every time I review their work!

• Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, but I would prefer a notification system within noteflight rather than having to go back and fourth between my email and noteflight. It seems like it would be pretty easy to incorperate it into the friends and subscriptions feature which is already in development. Maybe they're already planning on incorperating something like this. Anyway, it would be verry cool.

• Chris $-Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just saw today that people have been commenting galore on my scores, and I had no idea. I've been responding to people that replied a year ago. And who knows if they'll MY responses.

• Dan Brennan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Say for instance, you have more than 200 comments on a score. There is no way that you're going to remember how many comments you had the last time you checked it. So, to tell how many new comments there are on a score, or just to see how popular your score is, wouldn't it be great if there was a notification tool that showed when you have a new comment on a piece?

• tckan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be extended to all comments where anyone can reply to a comment and the person getting the replies would get notifications (as a lot of noteflighters make lot of comments every day.)

• mmclean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I look at this benefit similar to the way it is used by teachers in Google Docs. It would be great as a teacher if a student received a notification each time I left them a comment.

• Aaron Dishner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my theory class I'm using the Crescendo version, and I often make comments on students' assignments. It would be really helpful for them to know that I have made comments without having to check back on their work intermittently. Please incorporate this into Noteflight!

• cellogirl96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, personally, would HATE getting so many emails. If Noteflight is going to do this, they should make it optional.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base