I wish Noteflight would...

Add the note name in for you.

I wish noteflight.com has an optional feature to add the names of the notes for you. It would be extremely helpful for beginners or when assigned by a teacher. Now I have to go in and take the time to write out every note name, because we were required to use noteflight.com instead of my normal music writing software which had that option available.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sarah Mrachek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminRobin McClellan (Admin, Noteflight) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We completely understand and this is important to us!

As a workaround for now, you can use Performance text: select a note, type T for the text prompt, then the note name. Not ideal but hopefully it will work for now!

• Oliver Hickman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm liking noteflight a great deal - but very frustrated that as a Teacher I cannot add note names to my scores. Having always previously used the 'standard' music notation software, I was surprised not to find the option to add note names on noteflight.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes to this! As a music teacher, this would help me teach beginners!! I have many students from other countries who aren't familiar with "Mary Had a Little Lamb" or "Yankee Doodle". If I want to give them music they are familiar with to start learning, I have to generate it myself. The ability to add note names would make this whole process so. much. easier!

• james commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. This is a deal breaker for me. After the trial. I need this option.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work at an international school in Shanghai with a solid amount of student turn-over and strange instrumentation, so I arrange all technique pages and compositions instead of using a method book series. I would like to see a note head that contains the pitch name.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forte9 has this feature. I love it because it has helped a lot with my sight reading. Noteflight is as easy, perhaps easier to enter musical score. but to know what you are doing and to play along, forte9 or some program like it may be necessary.

• Ozgur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally the ability to choose between C/D/E.. and DO/RE/MI.

I just started learing piano by myself and would love to create music with note names, so that I could play what I create easier. Please consider adding this feature.
        Thank you

I am an elementary music educator, and this would be a very nice feature and bridge for young learners of music notation.

• hipopapotomus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For learners: a setting that shows the note name as you put it in. To help remember and match the notes with their pitches. Please consider!

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is for music writers- why would you write music in the first place if you didn't know how to read the music in the first place (I knew how to read notes in the first month of piano)

• pmatz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, was going to post same idea.

Very good for education (learning the bass clef and also the reaaaally low and high notes!) but also sanity check when doing phrases and chords in big keys (B,major, GbmMajor etc)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base