I wish Noteflight would...

Fix "Ctrl+" Shortcuts

Ctrl+S, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+Y don't work, at least on my Vista IE7 running Flash Player 10. I used those shortcuts eight times for this post alone, it is such a pain to "Edit/Paste" everything...

674 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mister Mxyzptlk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very few of the shortcuts work any more with the noteflight update. I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Ctrl+E now puts a ? up in my website address. That seems to be the case for Ctrl+'anything'. The space bar when entering notes now no longer adds a rest but plays from the start of the bar I'm in. It's a lot more time consuming because a rest at the end of a bar now means you have to manually add the next bar instead of it appearing automatically.
        A few glitches, but I'm sure you're working on them.

• Jacob Zufall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They used to work in the Flash Version for me, but they just slowly stopped. I guess I'll have to get used to the HTML5 version.

• Stephen F. Czapla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the tip, backspace works for me. The dropdown menu still prompts the Del key though, all of them should be addressed for all users. (HTML5 is not an option for me at this time, the playback is jerky and unlistenable.) I see the other bug has been fixed though, thanks!

• Zenog-NoteflightFeedback commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, the backspace button still works instead of delete. It took me a while to get used to it, but the hotkey functionality is still there.

• Stephen F. Czapla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I generally use Firefox, running Windows 7. Lately the Delete key doesn't work either; I have to go to the menu every time. And something is highlighted at all times; I can't click on a blank spot to make it go away as I used to be able to. Perhaps this doesn't happen in the HTML5 version but that one simply doesn't run very well on my machine and has crashed one or two of my browsers more than once. Can something be done about the shortcut keys for *all* users, before we lose even more of them?

• Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many shortcut commands can not be reached from a Swedish keyboard. It would be really nice if you took a look at this as well as the Ctrl-shortcuts. Maybe all shortcuts could be customizable?

• Mimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

magicflute21 try : CTRL - ALT - V , CTRL - ALT - C, CTRL - ALT X, etc... etc...

• Magicflute commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These commands do not work on my laptop, unfortunately. This sounds like a good idea. ^_^

• Zenog-NoteflightFeedback commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Mimi, FrenchFlute:

Thanks for the help with the [Ctrl] commands, it wasn't working on my other computer, and the one I'm posting from now runs too slow to really use Noteflight that well.

• Mimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its CTRL - ALT - V , CTRL - ALT - C, CTRL - ALT X, etc... etc... Since people are ignoring the previous time this comment was made by a smart individual i had to repeat because it worked for me.

• iamthemusicplayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I use Google Chrome anyways, cause it's the fastest browser for me.......and so apparently you guys who have chrome only say it works cause you have chrome.......

I have no problem :P

• moseswynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SMH... Here is the fix: don't use internet explorer, it sucks... I recommend chrome, but firefox is good for transitioning...

• britty143 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know, I thought something was wrong with my computer and then I tried the use the shortcuts on word and they worked.

• Gaston Pong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

those shortcuts is functioning well on my google chrome =]
        So i use chrome for Noteflight. =]

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base