Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

I wish Noteflight would...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Advanced / Improved Search

Noteflight needs a more powerful search tool. Users (both regular and Crescendo) should be able edit the metadata within each score with the following information:
    - Title of piece
    - Description
    - Composer
    - Tags/keywords
    - Number of instruments
    - Types of instruments
    - Whether the score is original or an arrangement
    - Length (both duration and number of measures)
    - Sharing/privacy settings (whether you can edit, print, etc.)

These could go under an "advanced search" feature that many search engines have. People could still use the current search by default, but they would also have more powerful options for…

897 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      82 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Collaborative Realtime Editing inside Noteflight

Here is my idea:
      A setting for Noteflight compositions that once enabled allows multiple users to work together: changes appearing and auto-saving in real-time. An example of what I am going for with this idea can be seen with the Open-Source Etherpad editor: http://etherpad.org/ and the Google Docs Editor docs.google.com. In addition to the above features, the user who created the composition would also be allowed to undo any changes that other users make, as well as create multiple save points for the composition. Thanks for your consideration and I would love to see this feature in Noteflight!

424 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        started  ·  62 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Improve score Demo options

I want to transpose a techno piece on my non-crescendo account. After I went through halfway, I want to save the notes on a free score in which I can use the same notes with the demo next time. However, the copyboard was broken/disabled for some reason. (It worked before) I don't know if these actions are considered 'cheating' through the cresendo subscription, but I hope that you would fix this issue/add it one more time.

41 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • improve compatibility with Google Drive and Google Classroom

Many schools are going google and are saving, collaborating, sharing documents via google drive. Assignments are posted on google classroom and it helps to keeps things organized in one place.
          Flat.io has a google classroom share feature and allows you to save documents to google drive. Noteflight, as an editor, is far superior, but makes it a little more challenging to use this interface with google as seamlessly as it could.
          It would be great to have a google drive Noteflight app, so we could create Noteflight documents in our drive. From there, Google Classroom could create individual files for…

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Anthony, Greg, and others,
            Google Classroom compatibility with Noteflight is in the works now, and should be released soon! Stay tuned for updates, and please write us with any questions you might have.

• Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Feedback and Knowledge Base