Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

1. Advanced / Improved Search

Noteflight needs a more powerful search tool. Users (both regular and Crescendo) should be able edit the metadata within each score with the following information:
    - Title of piece
    - Description
    - Composer
    - Tags/keywords
    - Number of instruments
    - Types of instruments
    - Whether the score is original or an arrangement
    - Length (both duration and number of measures)
    - Sharing/privacy settings (whether you can edit, print, etc.)

These could go under an "advanced search" feature that many search engines have. People could still use the current search by default, but they would also have more powerful options for…

908 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  85 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make scores able to be edited by more than one person.

Make noteflight like google docs so that more than one person can edit a score in live time and you can see each others edits in live time. I tried doing this in noteflight and it ended up discarding all edits that were made while we were both on and we couldn't see what the other person was doing causing confusion. Making scored edited by 1+ person in live time would be helpful for making colaborations on scores when people are at different locations.

515 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  72 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve score Demo options

I want to transpose a techno piece on my non-crescendo account. After I went through halfway, I want to save the notes on a free score in which I can use the same notes with the demo next time. However, the copyboard was broken/disabled for some reason. (It worked before) I don't know if these actions are considered 'cheating' through the cresendo subscription, but I hope that you would fix this issue/add it one more time.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add auto-save!

Please add auto-save! I work with classes of students, and they are forever forgetting to save and then losing their work! They are so used to using Google Drive that they don't think of it.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your message and I’m so sorry for the slow reply! We absolutely agree this is needed, and we are working toward this as quickly as we can. As I understand it, it’s a very different task to do this for music notation than for text as in Google Docs and other things, so it’s taking us a bit longer. But please stay tuned!

5. Allow me to organize my scores into files, on my home page

Once you have so many scores created, it can get hard to search through find my scores. It would if we can make files and sort them like on google drive or dropbox

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, we do have the ‘Collections’ feature for organizing scores, on the left in your account under ‘Home’. We are in the process of improving and expanding this. Does that help?

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing! We are working on a fix for this. In the meantime, you can enjoy the NEW functionality that lets you drag and drop scores in a Collection into custom order.
    Stay tuned for updates!

7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your note! I have marked it “Started” because we are only getting started in all the wonderful things we plan to do with Noteflight as we move forward into the future! Glad to have you with us.

• Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base