Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

I wish Noteflight would...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. ...start targeting the non-composers & non-musicians, the listeners.

I write poetry, and when I was at poetry sites, I noticed that everyone there was a poet. It's like being a rock star on stage and your audience is nothing but rock stars.
    --all levels of music/composers, a feature for beginning composing (not everyone wants to learn from someone else),
    ...let's get society in here!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow you to press 'r' to repeat the first note of a triplet.

When pressing 'r' to repeat the first note of a triplet, it glitches and adds strange rests, instead of just repeating that note on the 2nd beat of the triplet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Toggle Note Entry switch

Sometimes, I just want to move stuff about without adding anything new. It's so annoying when I'm clicking here and there to select specific notes just to *move* them to different positions only to find that new notes start to turn up here and there that I didn't want.

It'd only need to be a small tick box somewhere, which would be set to off by default [to avoid newcomers getting confused as to why nothing is being added to the score when they click, lol]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. be smarter about which octave new notes go in

When using computer keyboard to enter pictures probably 50% of the time Noteflight gets it right as to which octave a note should go on but with a bit more intelligence it could be close to 90% for most music:
    a) don't out of the range of the instrument you're writing for
    b) assume that if there's already that pitch in the measure, it should be at the same octave
    c) if upper voice then it should be higher than what's in lower voice (and vice versa)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow more variation in the denominator of the time signature

In one of my pieces, i need a pickup measure to insert one note of a triplet. Sadly, there is no 1/3 time signature, and its impossible to write 1/3 as a/2^n where n is less than 7. This might not be much of problem at the beginning of scores, where a 1/4 measure can consist of 2 triplet rests and one note, but in the middle of a piece this doesn't work
    Triplets are used so often that they deserve their respective time signature denominators:3,9,and 27. I understand why irregular denominators are excluded, but 3 really isnt that irregular.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As far as we know, numbers like 3, 9, and 27 are extremely rare in the denominator. Could you share some examples where you’ve seen this? We don’t want to rule it out but we tend to avoid non-standard notation.

Thank you!

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. show view count without repeated views

Hi, I haven't found any specification, but I guess currently the view count has some cool-down period, after which users who repeatedly view your score are counted once again. Can this be turned off? I'd like to see something like a "viewed-to-faved" ratio, which would be a useful metrics.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow me to paste more staves than I have selected

I get the error "The clipboard contains 2 staves but the selection contains only 1 staff" a lot because I'm used to other packages where you just need to select the start of where you want to paste. It seems unnecessary - as long as there's enough staves below where the selection is it should allow me to paste. If it writes over something already there I can always undo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a starting or ending fade option

I wish there was a feature that would start a section of notes at zero volume and then slowly get louder like an opposite fading. I've tried certain ways to mimic this but it doesn't work. I don't know if there is a way to do this but I can' find it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. have a nested group feature in the Learn edition.

For larger school districts, it would be great to have a "district" site, have school groups within that site, and then building/teacher created groups within each school. This would facilitate cross district collaboration. It would also allow a student to start a portfolio in elementary school and carry it with them to middle and high school just by reassigning their group memberships.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to close threads!

Sometimes we have a simple question, and when we get an answer, there is no point to continue a thread. Also, if you created a thread that nobody has commented on, it would be obvious to close it. So please add this option for more easier usage of the forums.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Print comments

I would like to have a printed copy of a student's score with the comments printed in order that I may evaluate both the composition and the comments that students are making on each other's work.

A hard copy seems the most efficient and effective way to do this rather than online.

Thanks.
    Marc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add score settings for individual parts

Whenever I finish a score, it's a struggle to set the score settings to where no part has an extra page with just one or a few lines. The score settings should be customizable for each individual part.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Extreme dynamics

Have more extreme dynamics, for example in Rachmaninov's prelude in C# minor it has dynamics such as "sffff," even if it does't play that volume and stays "fff" at least make it change the font to dynamics font.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve the Upper and Lower Voice feature

Utilizing the upper and lower voice feature is very useful for lyrics, as it enables the ability to transcribe two vocals in one measure. However, the lyrics want to automatically be on top and bottom, which looks horrific. I learned to utilize the 'Move Below' feature, but it still sometimes has problems, mainly with 'lines' that represent a word continued over multiple notes. They can't be selected, so they can't be moved below, like lyrics. So they will be half on bottom, and half on top. A simple fix would be to not automatically put lyrics on top when utilizing…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. have consistent spacing

When I write a score, there are sometimes two systems on the last page. For some reason, these final two systems are spaced closer together than all other systems on previous pages. This happens regardless of whether I have automatic spacing on or off. Why is this?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 20 21 22 24 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Feedback and Knowledge Base