Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

1. fix unwanted text indentation

Whenever I convert my scores to PDF or print them, the section where the composer's name is written is always indented towards the left. It looks very unprofessional and should be fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow filtering options for specifically notes, rests, or both, rather filtering for both all the time.

My problem: When I filter a section with the 'notes' filter in the edit menu, it filters both the notes and the rests.

My solution: I recommend an option that allows filtering of only notes, rests, or both. This way the traditional filter option continues to exist while two new options can be tested and utilized.

i.e. I have music that needs certain rests to be invisible. Introducing a rests-only filter would be a great way to facilitate that.

I also believe that adding a specific notes-only filter could help facilitate editing of notes in a section as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Canvas

Not autograde in Canvas. That is a problem. I have to go back and change the grades based on performance. These aren't completion grades in my class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix These Problems URGENTLY

I believe that everyone (including myself) has been waiting far too long for some of these problems to be resolved and I am becoming quite dissatisfied with some features of Noteflight. I'll just get straight to the points and attempt to explain my best.

Crescendos and decrescendos do not carry throughout the notes, they only change when a new note plays. So if I place a decrescendo on a a whole note so that it dissipates, it will play the same volume that it began with until that note ends/moves on to the next note, which ruins the music quite…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for this. We are a tiny team and we are working constantly to improve our products. We have a backlog of hundreds of items and we often add new features. All of these are great points and they are on our list! I’m sorry not to have a quicker answer!

7. Incorporate Color Theme Options Into Scores

Most websites have incorporated the ability for a "night mode", or other themes that can be used to change not only the look but the overall feel for the website. I think that varying theme options should be available to Noteflight users.

As with reverb effects, the composer of a score can set the theme they'd like their score to be, and when others visit the score, that will be the theme that is displayed. ALSO like reverb effects, the user viewing the score can change the theme to be their preference while in someone else's score, without permanently changing…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. actually send me the email and let e set up my account! Noteflight never sent me an email!

Noteflight never sent me an email and it never let me set up an account. I never get to set up a username of password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, we are sorry you didn’t receive it! Please check your spam/junk folder. If that doesn’t work: if you are student your school’s email server may block certain types of emails. Ask your IT or admin if that might be the case here.

If still no luck, please write to support@noteflight.com and include the email address you used to sign up.

9. Tab through the full score one note at a time

I can click on a note in a single part and use the arrow keys to hear each note played at a time. I'd like to be able to do that with the entire score (all parts) so I can listen to harmonies individually. Is there a way to do this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have teacher duet at the bottom of the score

Include the option to have the teacher duet at the bottom of the score for beginner music. This takes away the visual clutter for the student.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow more flexibility within score text, such as inserting diagrams and other images.

The ability to insert fingering charts, theory diagrams, and other graphics would allow greater flexibility for instructors. This would streamline my life as a teacher, and I'm certain other teachers feel the same way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make it easier to write music.

I signed up and sat down to do some composing and quickly figured out that the UX of this program is laughable. I found myself having to switch back and forth between edit and play modes, and wondering why it took way too long to simply place a note. Two clicks to add an accidental? Trying to set a note value changed the previous note. And trying to reseat a note when I'd accidentally changed it was a nightmare. Spend less on marketing and more on making sure your product is industry standard before trying to charge for it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi James, thank you for reaching out – we always appreciate this kind of feedback! We are sorry that it has been frustrating, and I want to share a few thoughts that may help.

Switching between play and edit mode is different than in Noteflight than in some other notation programs – I was a longtime Sibelius user myself, and this took a little getting used to in Noteflight, but I started to really appreciate it because it helped clarify my process in terms of when I was editing versus listening.

The slow note entry should not be happening. This depends on which browser you’re using, and we’ve found that people using the latest version of Chrome don’t have trouble with this. Could you try that and let me know how it goes?

For accidentals and similar things, I highly recommend our keyboard shortcuts – here is a list: https://www.noteflight.com/guide#shortcuts

13. Fix the lag PLEASE!!!!

I can barely get anything done due to some of the lag!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are so sorry to hear this is happening! We have found that Chrome browser works the best – if you are using another browser, could you try the latest version of Chrome?

If that doesn’t help, please write to support@noteflight.com and let us know the browsers you have tried, and the link to a score where this is happening.

Thank you!

14. Exit Full Screen from iOS Browser

The overlay Menubar works fine on Android but not in iOS (iPad) browsers. Checked it on Safari & Chrome.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Progressive Web App (PWA)

I've noticed several suggestions regards having a dedicated iOS / Android app. Perhaps can we able to migrate the web app as a PWA instead?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sync Audio with Spotify too

It would be great if NF could sync music to Spotify tracks just like soundcloud. Could you please make it possible?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sync audio to an mp3, not just a url

To be able to sync audio to a pre recorded music file

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not apply repeat signs to all instruments

I added another instrument to my composition, but I was disappointed to see that the repeat sign was applied from the instrument above. The other instrument had a different melody on the second repeat so I had to write down the composition twice, instead of using a repeat sign. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AUTO LABELS

Hi. So i put together video with explanation of how you could improve program.
    As far as i know, no notation software yet, has not function to automatically add labels besides notes. Please watch my video in english (3 minutes long) and you will understand. Me and a lot of people who write notes profesionally for their studens, they miss this feature.
    link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rdyhl8eMwQ3nQ6iVUCrIySpj_Q4bJUrO

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I wish Noteflight would fix the midi importation bug with the rhythm.

I've tried importing MIDI files from other sources recently, and Noteflight never seems to notate correct rhythm anymore. I've tried new files, and old files that used to import just fine, but nothing imports properly even though it used to just fine.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this info! Could you please write to support@noteflight.com and send several examples, including if possible:

1, new and old scores, incorrect and correct respectively
    2. the MIDI files you imported to create those scores, as attachments
    3. images showing the way the rhythms looked in the program that produced the MIDI files
    4. the name of the program you used to create the MIDI files.

thank you!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base