Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

I wish Noteflight would...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not remove double barlines when performing a transpose

When using the Transpose function some double barlines are changed to single barlines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How to indicate to the performer to swing eighths or sixteenths

I know how to make the eighths swing, but when printed, the score doesn't indicate that the eighths need to be swung, how do I do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. UK English Note Names

In English (UK), can the note lengths be called Semibreve, Minim, Crotchet etc please

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. What the hell? Really? There is no multi repeat option? I need 12 repeats! I need this: *////////////* with a 12 above it. Come one, how lo

What the hell? Really? There is no multi repeat option? I need 12 repeats! I need this:

*////////////* with a 12 above it. Come one, how long is it going to take to implement this simple task (!)?

There are a lot of users asking for this--is no one at NoteFlight listening?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let you access your scores after the 30 day premium trial if you made more than ten.

I tried out the 30 day premium subscription and my subscription has timed out. I am still unsure whether I would like to purchase noteflight premium, but would at least like to be able to access my old scores. I currently have 17 scores, and the free version only permits 10. However, I cannot delete the scores that I have

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Compliment

Just wanted to say that even though I am not so good with computers this is very very well made and easy for me to work on. Very user friendly good job

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. have unlimited sheets in free mode

this is not a rant.
    i loved noteflight, but i moved to musescore. the reason? the 10 sheets limitation in free mode. as a composer, i have an unlimited number of ideas, and id love to be able to mantain them online and get there when i hit inspiration. but 10 is an insanely low number of sheets. i love the software, i love the sound, and i love the fact that i can show my work in here as a music portfolio. but not. this is not a rant about the pricing, i consider it low. but not every…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. show all the music

so I was writing this piece and I was copying measures from previously in the music and after measure 40 the music when invisible. There were no measures, no bars, no notes. Nothing. However when I played the entire song the music played on past measure 40, so I know there was music there.I just couldn't really edit it. Not mad or anything just wondering if the bug can get fixed so I can compose longer pieces of music in the future.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I wish you made it easier to move the FUCKING NOTES

I can not describe my frustration, i am literally speechless about how fucking difficult it is to move a measure. I needed to move my piece down a measure and it was so difficult because i would hit notes than randomly would start changing them to half notes, hole notes and dotted half notes. This. Is. Hell.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adjust Tenor Voice tuning

I'm writing an art song for my theory class and in the playback of the tenor voice (premium version), the pitch of the tenor is slightly flat against the piano playback. This is specifically noticed when tenor voice clef (treble8) E above middle c is sung against a c major chord in the piano.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add in guitar effects such as a Wah pedal or a Distortion Pedal

All of us that use guitars for compositions sometimes want to get that metal feeling with some distortion, yet all of the guitars are clean. Yes, that works with softer music, but some of us would like to add distortion or reverb or emotion to the guitar. Instead, it's all just a clean guitar sound with the only ability to change the tuning of it. I would also like a seven string guitar too. I also want to change the tuning to however I want. Please add in effects for the guitar. We all want it and you need to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I center a whole note within a bar?

My whole notes are off center within the bar and it looks bad. I tried the center chord feature but it did nothing...how do I fix this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rim shot notation for drumset

The rim of a snare drum can add a really cool feel to all kinds of music. It would be really cool to see it sometime in Noteflight's future.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change the standard drums back, not cymbals

The standard drums is what I use for all my band writing, but the drums changed in the upgraded version of Noteflight, and not for the better. The cymbals are for sure better, but with the upgraded, the drums, especially the kick, now sound off and unreal. They were much better in the free version. If you could mix the old drums with the new cymbals on the standard drum set that would be perfect.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. have nested repeats

I need to use nested repeats which is starting on the same bar. On the hand written notation it is allowed to put 2 repeat start signs on the same bar but on the Noteflight i can't. Is there any other way to do it? Example: https://i.stack.imgur.com/864tz.png

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow me to to choose in any note the direction of the curved line of the tie.

In other words, when the tie joins notes from B4 and above, then the curve of the tie is up.
    However, the other notes from A4 to lower with a tie have the curve down.
    I would like to be able to choose in any note the direction of the curve of the tie.
    This is an example, what noteflight allows now:
    https://melody.sites.noteflight.com/scores/view/be3f7f07764aeacacb306784d7bbb94c26a0ca05

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Feedback and Knowledge Base