Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

1. maintain line breaks when exporting to PDF

Whenever I export my music to PDF, it loses all formatting, in particular, the line breaks. This make it look just awful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not delete my progress

I spent about an hour making a song, a very nice one, probably the best one I've ever done. But then sometimes i try to click on a note to delete it, but noteflight gets really laggy, so it actually, for no reason, selects the entire clarinet part that i was working on. I press backspace, it's all gone. No amount of ctrl z, undo button, or anything else can save my work from the infinite void of terrible design. I attempted to recreate it. It was worse than before but the situation just ended up happening again after about…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deleted Something I Worked Hard On, Accidentally Pressed Save.

I worked really hard on this song, until I deleted an instrument and pressed save. I really need to solve this problem, and I hope it's not too late... please, please, PLEASE help me Noteflight employees! I really need someone to help me, it took me an hour, and I cried for at least ten minutes when this happened. Please, please please please PLEASE help me while you can, PLEASE.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow *direct* editing of Guitar Chord Diagrams

The current implementation is the wrong approach. Having chords tied to the input text is not utile, intuitive or flexible. For example the most commonly used open form of G (with the 2nd string fingered at the 3rd fret) is not in your chord list. As your system stands right now I have no way to make the most common form of one of the most commonly used chords on the guitar. You need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the option to change the number of strings on an instrument

The oldest version of this question is from 2011 with 243 upvotes and yet there still exists no option to tab for say, a 5-string bass or 7 string guitar. These instruments are not so uncommon that its not worth implementing and as someone who plays and wants to utilize a 5 string bass in their music I have absolutely 0 way to notate this without going through awkward and cheap workarounds.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow us to print and format choir reduction parts that include all 4 voice parts.

I know we can individually format each part, but it would be great to be able to format and print all four voice parts and just leave out the piano and other instruments that may be accompanying the choir. It makes a huge difference when working with a choir that they can see when other parts are coming in and their dynamics compared to those of others, etc. Is there a way to do this and I just missed it? (Working with Noteflight Premium)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Staccato

Staccatos are way too short.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow barlines to line up vertically.

I teach elementary music and like to make sure the measures line up spatially to represent the beats for my students. For example, if there's a half note on line one, it should take up the same amount of horizontal space as 4 eighth notes on line two right below it. Basically, I want all the bar lines to line up down the page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow barlines to line up vertically.

I teach elementary music and like to make sure the measures line up spatially to represent the beats for my students. For example, if there's a half note on line one, it should take up the same amount of horizontal space as 4 eighth notes on line two right below it. Basically, I want all the bar lines to line up down the page.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Problem with saving score

Hello, I have a problem with a score : after saving it, this one stay as if never saved ,with a little asterix in the list of scores, again and again each time I want to open it. Do you have a solution?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Straight eighth notation in swing

If I am writing a chart that is swung, it would be great to have an easy way to notate straight eights. I think that the duplet notation should work when the score is swung since the notes technically aren't divisible by two. So if you have two quavers in a swing chart with a duplet above them, you know that they are played straight, and the playback should do this as well.

I am aware that you can change the swing setting in the tempo for a bar or section, but if its just one instrument, or just half…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fit to page

It would be great if you could just check a box that would automatically change the sizing of all the notes and systems so that it would fill up full pages. This would be incredibly useful for a score with a lot of instruments.

It might only work if you have decided how many bars you want on each page, you can then tick this box and it will fit it so that all the pages are filled.

Without this, you have to make the note size and system spacing a lot smaller so the first page with all the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Not allow rehearsal letterss to collide with a chord symbol that happens to be in that bar

Try this. In a bar with a chord symbol, add a rehearsal letter. The rehearsal letter "collides" with the chord symbol. Now try moving it. It's very hard to select the rehearsal letter to either drag or move it with the arrow keys. One of those little annoying things that gets in the way of your flow. In my view, the rehearsal letter should appear in its own space, probably above the chord symbol.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow me to make a hidden bar shorter than one whole line

When I add a Coda, and want to separate it from the rest of the score, I hide a bar, which provides the desired separation. However, Noteflight insists that this be a whole line long. I don't necessarily mind that, but often I'm trying to fit everything on one page (I'm a lead sheet type of guy) and that line inevitably takes me over a page. I wish I could set its length to something tiny.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Not add a new bar at the end of a score when I am in the actual last bar and put a whole note in it.

I often want to finish a chart with a whole note. Noteflight adds another bar, thinking I'm continuing, when I do that. This is admittedly a slight annoyance, but it bugs me every time, because I then have to select the undesired bar and delete it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow for customized left/right page output

When creating a multipage score, I would like to be able to format left and right pages differently. Most importantly i would like page numbers to show up on the right for a right hand page and vice versa. Furthermore, it would be useful to be able to add that extra space to the inner edges of the score when you put it in a binder. Thus a left hand page could be shiftet slightly to the left, leaving more room for holes in the paper.

Maybe this need not be a WYWIWYG feature, but something added in the printout…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. have better playback

The playback feature is randomly omitting one and only one note as I listen to what I have, but as it's part of the melody line, I am incredibly frustrated by this (and pretty confused) as the note (a C above middle C) is playing everywhere else in my composition just fine. Help!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give simple answers to simple questions in help, and provide links to take me to where I can do what I searched for

I am trying to figure out how to "solo" a playback, playback only one voice. There must be a simple way to do it, but I give up. I've search help, and it isn't there. Why can't I simply ask, "solo a playback" or "playback only one voice" and get a simple answer with a link to click that will take me to that function? It is so frustrating.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give individual instrument names for drums

In the default drum set, the pitches are played without any indication to which drums are playing them (snare, toms, cymbals.). It would be nice to have it say what instruments are being played or add in functionality for a key/percussion map.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I wish Noteflight would add "simile" into their valid list of expressions.

If Noteflight would add "simile" into the valid list of expressions, it would save composers a lot of time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Categories