Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

I wish Noteflight would...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make scores able to be edited by more than one person.

Make noteflight like google docs so that more than one person can edit a score in live time and you can see each others edits in live time. I tried doing this in noteflight and it ended up discarding all edits that were made while we were both on and we couldn't see what the other person was doing causing confusion. Making scored edited by 1+ person in live time would be helpful for making colaborations on scores when people are at different locations.

502 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  72 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow for the number of strings in tablature to be changed.

Some basses and bass music call for more than four strings. Some guitars and guitar music call for more than six strings. I wish Noteflight would allow you to add strings to your tabs. I'm sick of writing out tabs for a five string bass on guitar tabs because at the end, when I go print, I have an extra string that throws me off when I go to read the sheet music.

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Braces/brackets for instrument groups

All other notation software companies like Sibelius etc. have put in the most basic of music notation signs - braces/brackets for voice and instrument groups. I am writing for SATB but for it to be published it must have a brace. The finished article has got to look professional and at the moment the finished score doesn't. At the moment I have to transfer it to Musecore and it's getting rather tedious. Please, please can you give this your priority?

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add more comprehensive jazz articulations!

This would include the following:

-Trombone glissandos that function like the already implemented bend (used in context for guitars), but have a more recognizable squiggly line
    -Bends (the rounded "U" symbol above a note that indicates to lip the pitch down
    -Squiggly lines in general (used for falls)
    -Curved lines (for implied scoops, doits, and shorter falls)

Of course, this need not be used only for jazz, but since these occur very commonly in jazz repertoire, I feel like this would be very useful!
    Apologies if there is an ongoing thread for this, but that only means many people want…

2,898 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How do I center a whole note within a bar?

My whole notes are off center within the bar and it looks bad. I tried the center chord feature but it did nothing...how do I fix this?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add dynamic support within a note

As of now, Noteflight playback doesn't allow for crescendo/decrescendo on a single tone or throughout a trill. It would be great to have that feature.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow to me write polytonal music

I need to write something polytonal which means I can write different keys at different key at the same time instead of having all parts in the same key all the time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow note symbols for metric modulation (like quarter = dotted quarter)

Like when going from 6/8 to 4/4, to have "dotted quarter = quarter". I can write those words in system text, but it's cleaner and clearer to have a quarter note symbol. Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. be more user-friendly.

Noteflight is an amazing online notation editor.
    For whom;
    For who wants to write online music.
    But for the one who wants to read and listen to a score or to play a score with his musical instrument, noteflight is not helpful.

My plan is "Noteflight Learn".
    Personally, I use Noteflight Learn as a music teacher daily to write the scores I want without any difficulty.
    I use "Noteflight Learn" with my students, especially through
    Skype.
    What I notice is that my students, even if they are familiar with computers, have difficulty handling the capabilities of "Noteflight"
    My students…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Be able to edit the title in strip and flow layout

It is a hassle to change the title and composer when started in strip or flow layout. What is currently required is to change to page mode (which usually takes a while and lags out) then select and type. It would be helpful for there to be a quicker way on strip or flow layout, for large pieces this is a hassle.

569 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow changing relative during of entire passages - not just single notes

So I can: 1. quickly stretch a musical motif. 2. Change time signature and have melody be preserved (eg 3/4 -> 6/4)(good for reformatting Brazilian sheet music)
    Also: retrograde, inversion, etc. This a computer program - it is made to manipulate data, add computer functionality. THNX

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow me to to choose in any note the direction of the curved line of the tie.

In other words, when the tie joins notes from B4 and above, then the curve of the tie is up.
    However, the other notes from A4 to lower with a tie have the curve down.
    I would like to be able to choose in any note the direction of the curve of the tie.
    This is an example, what noteflight allows now:
    https://melody.sites.noteflight.com/scores/view/be3f7f07764aeacacb306784d7bbb94c26a0ca05

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. have the option to use completely different key signatures for individual instruments

No, I'm not talking about "Show concert pitch". I'm trying to write out part of the Mozart Clarinet Concerto, where the instruments are in the key of A Major, while the clarinet is in the key of C ( Concert Bb Major). Toggling "Show Concert Pitch" only messes up all of the notes and makes everything difficult to adjust.

I'm talking about a way to select one key signature for one instrument, and a completely different key signature for a different instrument.

This would make everything so much easier and put Noteflight on an even higher level than Musescore because…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the user to change the height of lyrics

I ran into a problem whilst creating this score: https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/915239e7c1befe4c5039ad348aee57d076881f40

You can see that the lyrics overlap with the slurs of the top staff. This looks ugly and I wish I was able to move the lyrics down so it looks better. Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a Better Glissando

I really love being on Noteflight and I also love the limitless opportunities it provides.

Unfortunately, I have discovered slight problems with the software. In some compositions I have recently made, I have repeatedly tried to use the glissando option with terrible results. Instead of sliding up and down the fingerboard or extending a slide, it only moves up or down the chromatic scale.

Not only this problem, but I am also not able to shape them the way I would like them to. The glissando does not continue through different notes (for example if I were to place three…

1,168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix These Problems URGENTLY

I believe that everyone (including myself) has been waiting far too long for some of these problems to be resolved and I am becoming quite dissatisfied with some features of Noteflight. I'll just get straight to the points and attempt to explain my best.

Crescendos and decrescendos do not carry throughout the notes, they only change when a new note plays. So if I place a decrescendo on a a whole note so that it dissipates, it will play the same volume that it began with until that note ends/moves on to the next note, which ruins the music quite…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for this. We are a tiny team and we are working constantly to improve our products. We have a backlog of hundreds of items and we often add new features. All of these are great points and they are on our list! I’m sorry not to have a quicker answer!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Feedback and Knowledge Base