Tell us your thoughts!

We really want to hear from our users! This is where you can submit your ideas to us, request a new feature, tell us what you like or dislike about Noteflight, and find out what our current plans are!

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem, please email support@noteflight.com rather than posting here.

1. Make scores able to be edited by more than one person.

Make noteflight like google docs so that more than one person can edit a score in live time and you can see each others edits in live time. I tried doing this in noteflight and it ended up discarding all edits that were made while we were both on and we couldn't see what the other person was doing causing confusion. Making scored edited by 1+ person in live time would be helpful for making colaborations on scores when people are at different locations.

521 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  72 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give individual instrument names for drums

In the default drum set, the pitches are played without any indication to which drums are playing them (snare, toms, cymbals.). It would be nice to have it say what instruments are being played or add in functionality for a key/percussion map.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow for the number of strings in tablature to be changed.

Some basses and bass music call for more than four strings. Some guitars and guitar music call for more than six strings. I wish Noteflight would allow you to add strings to your tabs. I'm sick of writing out tabs for a five string bass on guitar tabs because at the end, when I go print, I have an extra string that throws me off when I go to read the sheet music.

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restaurant equipment/commercial washing equipment

Have you even thought about starting your own restaurant? Do you think that opening of your own restaurant will be a profitable deal? And what's about commercial washing equipment? To be honest I would like to open my own restaurant but I'm afraid that commercial washing equipment will be so expensive that I won't be able to buy new plates in order to keep the dishes clean

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Thread about golf/Golf shoes

Hello everyone interested in golf!

I would like to ask you if it's worth trying golf shoes and does it differ from regular shoes?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Building a sport complex

Hello everyone!

How can implement my old dream? I've always been dreaming about the fact that kids in our area will play and play games in indoor sports complex

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Braces/brackets for instrument groups

All other notation software companies like Sibelius etc. have put in the most basic of music notation signs - braces/brackets for voice and instrument groups. I am writing for SATB but for it to be published it must have a brace. The finished article has got to look professional and at the moment the finished score doesn't. At the moment I have to transfer it to Musecore and it's getting rather tedious. Please, please can you give this your priority?

206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Jpeg Repair?

Hello everyone! Need some instructions about how can I repair jpeg photo? I have a problem as my system says that there are damaged graphic files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Irrational Metres

I'd love to see irrational metres. I have note lengths, values and even slurs of my piece on paper, but most of these notes require 4 | 48 time. Creating a multitude of complex note length combinations and whatnot for each individual note is tedious, and to my knowledge it is impossible, especially on paper. It is most unhelpful to have to do this for individual notes, as it will take me decades to finish a piece I've generally constructed already. Thank you for your time.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Golden Corral menu

I would like to visit Golden Corral restaurant, and I would like to know what dishes do they offer, so, I would like to find out more about Golden Corral menu

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. News Feed Filter: "Only Scores from Users You Follow"

I posted something like this on the forums a little over a year ago, though it's clear to me now that I should have posted it here. I'll just copy/paste what it said from before:

So the news feed has been a useful feature for a while now, but there's a certain feature that I feel would be very useful. The current sorting/filter options are "All", "Only for you & your scores", and "Only for people you are following". I propose a fourth one, which would be something like "Only scores from people you are following."

When people publish new…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. explain me what the strange things appeared in my aquarium

I have a problem with my aquarium
    There appeared some hairy worms in my aquarium. Is it good or not?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enter lyrics to multiple lines/parts simultaneously.

In choral scores the lyrics are often the same for multiple parts, and would be nice if you could type the lyrics in to all or some of the parts at the same time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Offline Version

I know someone has already posted this, however its of upmost importance to anyone who composers for a full symphony orchestra or larger that we have a downloadable offline version that can run smoothly without massive lag spikes everytime you perform a minute action. If we could use noteflight in offline mode and then go online to upload our scores it would prevent hundreds of hours of our time being lost, simply because of how the slow the program becomes when working with complex scores.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Air conditioning services in Singapore

I would be cool if anyone would advise me a good company that could repair my air conditioner?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. let me copy the retake symbol without copying the note

I need to do a retake symbol, but I don't know how. I found one that I already did, and copied and pasted it, but it also copied the A that it was connected to. If you can't do that, can you at least tell me where I can get a retake symbol?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. what's the best glidecam for DSLR camera

Recently I bought a DSLR camera
    I would like to know what's the best glidecam for DSLR camera (I need a glidecam according to the criteria - affordable price and high quality of glidecam materials)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add more comprehensive jazz articulations!

This would include the following:

-Trombone glissandos that function like the already implemented bend (used in context for guitars), but have a more recognizable squiggly line
    -Bends (the rounded "U" symbol above a note that indicates to lip the pitch down
    -Squiggly lines in general (used for falls)
    -Curved lines (for implied scoops, doits, and shorter falls)

Of course, this need not be used only for jazz, but since these occur very commonly in jazz repertoire, I feel like this would be very useful!
    Apologies if there is an ongoing thread for this, but that only means many people want…

2,901 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Tell us your thoughts!

Categories